dHC Canada, RU-1A Otter, Army Security Agency, Vietnam

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don`t mind seeing my attempt at making a Army Security Agency, RU-1A Otter that I managed to finish this week.

VCeQeNC.jpg

Cobbled together from Hobbycrafts 1/48 kit, filler, bits of wire and plastic sheet.

2IljETt.jpg

Inspired by a photo in the Squadron Signal book U.S. Army Aviation in Vietnam and some help from some nice chaps on Hyperscale

5hCxEr3.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of the 146th Radio Research Company, U.S. Army, Vietnam in the early 1970`s

lINc8Iv.jpg

Operating under names like `Laffing Otter` and `Cafe Joe` ( though I don`t know what configuration this one relates to )

TV76BPd.jpg

Decals, what there are of them, were cobbled together from the stash and the serial is bogus but as close as I could get.

vdJaNsp.jpg

I think it took me longer to get the warped wings straight(ish) than it did to build the kit.

Finally a shot of it with it`s smaller RU-6A Beaver brother

lVESizv.jpg

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.

Cheers Russ

• Like 35

Hello,Russ - Wishing you "All The Best" for the New Year. A splendid start with this beautiful 'Otter' built,finished and displayed with your hallmark expertise.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice job. But you missed out the centre frame to the windshield. Easy to add still.

Cheers Paul,

You know something kept bothering me but I couldn`t put my finger on it, well spotted. I`ll add it tomorrow :)