1/72 - Dassault Mirage IV by A&A Models - IVA & P released

Homebee

Anything with “Dassault” in the name and I’m all ears! And a large Mirage! What could be better? Well, better than the Heller offering for starters! 

What a great machine the IVA was. Forget Vulcan - Mirage IVA to the sky for me!!! (Not a popular thought, I guess! ;) )

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

14 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

......What a great machine the IVA was. Forget Vulcan - Mirage IVA to the sky for me!!! (Not a popular tought, I guess! ;) )

Martin

Soo Martin, when are you coming North to photograph the IV at Elvington? Just wondering, like........!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ooo ...... to be honest, i didnt know there was one there!!!!

What more would you expect in Yorkshire ..... the best, of course ;)

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Haha 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1469517196526244&id=1048501705294464&__xts__[0]=68.ARAOd5ZwC-Bv5IiBe_J6JbAIBU1f_SUXojnUu88-KK0XWQp3K8I-FnGbRcx-_gXoWH_YjQBK332VScLlLAU9ksUjbvN_Kv6iZYNRJFrr2QkIbSwrNm4Jt9jEKepyMxZuEOTP3nvd48CZZqPa8_Uo3evN7kiE1BikHJH3ykceOEq30gHsDoaZww&__tn__=-R

Hello friends,
Production process of 1/72 Mirage VI A is under way.
Bellow you could find few pictures of its spruces and decals for 3 marking schemes. Photo-etched sheet included as usual.
Release - Early/Mid October

41517459.jpg

41520571.jpg

41611871.jpg

41570824.jpg

41685429.jpg

41478577.jpg

41632294.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

This is excellent news as it's an aircraft I've always liked.

I've only ever seen two,the first in 1967 when an operational one diverted into Lossiemouth with an engine failure and the second this year at Elvington. (Go and see it!!)

I've just sent 20 pics to Julien for 'Walkaround'

On 10/13/2018 at 3:16 AM, hacker said:

l built the Heller version years ago though not bad this one has to be way better

That's what I hoped too and had planned to build it straight away. but a shake and bake it isn't.

Perhaps I got a bad example of the kit but mine has very obvious sink marks,especially on the ailerons,a fair bit of misalignment,especially on the side instrument consoles in the cockpit,very rough finish to many of the engraved panel lines with little beads of plastic running out of them and some flash

The canopies are not very clear and the wheels are somewhat lacking in detail.

I wondered if this was produced from cleaned up Heller moulds so I compared the two. Not identical but several pieces,re-fuelling probe,underside radome (still given as perfectly round) and the nose undercarriage look the same so perhaps a 'Heller influence' 

I suspect that it will need almost as much work as the Heller one.

So saying,I will build it but will replace the ejector seats and wheels.

1 hour ago, Silverkite said:

Parts for a IVP are there or I'll just have to stick with the available resin bits for the Heller kit?

Luigi

I've had a look at my kit which arrived today and I was wondering if they were?

14 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Not in initial release..just the basic recce pod for the R and a blanking plate for the bomb recess.

To my everlasting shame, I'm not really up on the major differences between an A and a P, there is a recce pod in there but what are the other differences between the two marks?

As you've said, the wheels lack detail but my clear parts look acceptable enough to me.  The surface detail isn't Hasegawa standard but I can live with it, a few swipes with some Micromesh should do the trick.  The decals look a bit bright for my liking.  Like the Heller kit it has a long join along the spine that would benefit from some reinforcement.

On the whole I'm content with what I've got...   ...now who makes some Mirage IV wheels :hmmm:

Edited by Wez

2 hours ago, Scimitar said:

I wondered if this was produced from cleaned up Heller moulds so I compared the two. Not identical but several pieces,re-fuelling probe,underside radome (still given as perfectly round) and the nose undercarriage look the same so perhaps a 'Heller influence'

Are the transparencies (windscreen, canopy) dimensions (length, width, height) the same between the Heller and A&A kits ? 

Edited by Laurent

18 minutes ago, Wez said:

what are the other differences between the two marks?

The  'P' means 'Penetration' (sorry I can't reproduce the acute accents over the ees)

It has the ASMP thermo nuclear missile on a pylon under the belly like this. They can also be seen with various underwing ECM pods,otherwise externally it is like a late service A

mirage4_1.jpg

My schoolboy French is being put to the test in the only book I have on the IV. 

It seems that there isn't a Mirage IVR just an A with a recce fit.

You must have been lucky with your kit.

There isn't one piece in mine that doesn't need a good clean up..a file and sanding block,especially on the wings.

29 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Are the transparencies (windscreen, canopy) dimensions (length, width, height) the same between the Heller and A&A kits ? 

I just compared them and yes they are identical in size. Slightly thicker plastic in the A&A kit.The radome piece is on the clear parts runner and is also identical.

The kit IS NOT a straight copy of the Heller one. It has many differences such as the main undercarriage ,cockpit and engine jet pipes and nozzles and if treated like a short run kit will I'm sure make a fair representation of the big Mirage.

I

2 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

if treated like a short run kit will I'm sure make a fair representation of the big Mirage.

I always treat every kit like that!  There's no such thing as a shake and bake kit as far as old fumble fingers here is concerned.

• Haha 2