1/72 - Dassault Mirage IV by A&A Models - IVA & P released

Homebee

A new Ukrainian model company - name still unknown but reported linked to Art Model - is to introduce at the Nuremberg International Toy Fair 2017 (01-06/02/2017) a new tool 1/72nd Dassault Mirage IVA kit to be followed later by a IVP (P for Pénétration) the version carrying the ASMP air-launched cruise missile.

Of interest in the picture 1 is the Hurel-Dubois CT-52 recce pod dedicated to the Mirage IVA & P fulfilling the strategic reconnaissance role.

Another 1/48th secret project from the same company should be also unveiled at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2017. Also a Mirage IV? That's the question.

Source:

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/2803-mirage-iva-в-172-масштабе/

Новый украинский модельный бренд готовит к выпуску модель Mirage IVA в 1/72 масштабе.

Фото тестовой сборки

MIV.jpg

В феврале на выставке в Нюрнберге состоится презентация бренда и двух первых моделей от него. Одна модель в 1/48 масштабе, вторая - Mirage IVA. Насколько мне известно, модификация Mirage IVР предусмотрена позже.

Подробности после выставки в Нюрнберге.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 9

As i know they are going to introduce it in Nurnberg expo ...

First kit - IVA

Later - IVP

And there will be one more announcement in 1/48 from this manufacturer, but i don't know what it will be ((

• Like 1

New Ukrainian model brand is preparing to release a model Mirage IVA in 1/72 scale. Photos of the test assembly:

In February, at the exhibition in Nuremberg will be a presentation of the brand and the first two models of it. One model in 1/48 scale, second - Mirage IVA. As far as I know, the modification Mirage IVP* provided later.
Details after the exhibition in Nuremberg.

In other words, a new Ukranian model company is releasing a 1/72 Mirage IVA, and will be announcing a different project in 1/48.  The company will be introduced at Nuremberg, and it is likely that they'll follow their 1/72 IVA with a IVP*

*In the Cyrillic alphabet, P = R (and П = P), so it's *possible* that they might actually releasing a IVR instead.  Міраж IVП would be a Mirage IVP; Міраж IVP would be a Mirage IVR.  Since the post says "Mirage IVP", it's *probably* the missile-carrier, but it's *possible* it will be the recce version, if it's a translation issue.  And as Homebee points out, the test build photos include the recce pod, which would mean an IVR.

Edited by ICMF
  • Like 2

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Wez

Who is very pleased

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mountain goat said:

From the pictures it looks an awful lot like an engraved version of the Heller kit, especially the nose section. 

Jay

You don't think that might be down to the fact that it is also a Mirage IVA?

18 hours ago, 71chally said:

I've just tried looking for details of this model company.  Whatever you do, do not search for 'XX Models' on Google!

18 hours ago, Wez said:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Wez

Who is very pleased

Too late, I think.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, T7 Models said:

You don't think that might be down to the fact that it is also a Mirage IVA?

:D Possibly

But then if you compare built up 1/72 and 1/48 iterations of Heller's IVA nose profile there's some subtle differences in proportions. I recognise the same differences here.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Darren Rhodes said:

:yikes: Holy mother of God! A 1/72 Mirage IV, :wow::Tasty:

:yahoo:  :frantic:  :yahoo:

This is an appropriate response

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

From the pictures it looks an awful lot like an engraved version of the Heller kit, especially the nose section. 

Jay

Says on your profile to the left that an interest is modelling, so if the nose *is* off, that shouldn't be a problem? :coolio:

Edited by Radleigh
Typo.
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2017 at 5:24 PM, ICMF said:

In other words, a new Ukranian model company is releasing a 1/72 Mirage IVA, and will be announcing a different project in 1/48.  The company will be introduced at Nuremberg, and it is likely that they'll follow their 1/72 IVA with a IVR

*IVP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

'course it is, I've not long since splashed out on a Heller one. :angry:

Steve.

Your sacrifice is much appreciated by the rest of us Steve!

Paul Harrison

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Says on your profile to the left that an interest is modelling, so if the nose *is* off, that shouldn't be a problem? :coolio:

True dat- but was trying to make the point it looks a bit like the Heller. Didn't mean to knock accuracy as such. I just wanted to provide possible context is all. 

Jay

8 hours ago, KoenL said:

*IVP

Actually, I'm not sure.  

The Cyrillic 'P' is R in the Latin alphabet.  'IVP' in Cyrillic is 'IVR' in English (or French).  'IVP' in English would be 'IVП' in Cyrillic.  So it *could* be either type.  The fact that 'Mirage' uses Latin characters (and not spelled 'Міраж') suggests that the variant should be using Latin too, which would mean it's *probably* an IVP.  But the build pics have the recce pod and I can easily see how there could be a mix-up between  Міраж IVР and Mirage IVP, so I wouldn't fully rule out either version until we have more info.  :unsure:

TL;DR: you're probably right that they meant IVP, but there's a chance they meant IVR.

edit:

Homebee's original link is dead, but this one should link to a discussion of the kit on the same forum: 

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/2357-mirage-iv/?page=2

Reading through it, it looks like the initial release may be a IVA/IVP, which suggests they'd do a IVR later.  The test build pics include the recce pod, so there is *definitely* a IVR in the pipeline.  It's kind of two separate questions - what does the Ukranian text mean, and what is the company releasing.

Edited by ICMF

IVR designation doesn't exist...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Best reference books about the type:

51V6RSP1GQL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_  51fzDTPN8BL._UY250_.jpg

91nw7Bb4MZL._AC_UL320_SR244,320_.jpg le-regne-du-mirage-iv.jpg

mirage_4s1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

MIV2.jpg

MIV3.jpg

MIV5.jpg

MIV6.jpg