1/72 - Dassault Mirage IV by A&A Models - IVA & P released

Homebee

1 hour ago, Wez said:

I've had a look at my kit which arrived today and I was wondering if they were?

To my everlasting shame, I'm not really up on the major differences between an A and a P, there is a recce pod in there but what are the other differences between the two marks?

As you've said, the wheels lack detail but my clear parts look acceptable enough to me.  The surface detail isn't Hasegawa standard but I can live with it, a few swipes with some Micromesh should do the trick.  The decals look a bit bright for my liking.  Like the Heller kit it has a long join along the spine that would benefit from some reinforcement.

On the whole I'm content with what I've got...   ...now who makes some Mirage IV wheels :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Not in initial release..just the basic  pod for the recce role and a blanking plate for the bomb recess.

I'll see what I can scrounge out from Heller AM bits and wait for a IVP then,even though this sounds kinda perverted :P

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

1 minute ago, Scimitar said:

Heller!  :whistle:

What about Modelsvit Mirage 4000 wheels?

I was looking to pictures and other stuff and noticed that maybe Mirage IV drop tanks can be mounted on the Mirage 4000 as the size and panels seems to match

Luigi

Some good details of the 'P' in here:

http://spotaero.blogspot.com/2013/06/lhistoire-du-mirage-iv-p-de-1978-1996.html

and on all versions in here :

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/the-development-and-history-of-the-mirage-iva/

Edited by Scimitar
additionsl link added
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Seems like a nice improvement on the Heller kit in SOME areas!  Decent-looking cockpit detail and nice CT-52 pod.  I have the 1/72 Heller kit and resin accessories from Pavla for cockpit and CT-52 (wrong middle camera positions!), Model Art for the BOZ-103 E.C.M. pod and pylon, and P.J. for French pilots, with Berna Decals for a "Gascogne" bird.

All that's left is to get a Master refuelling probe, the CORRECT paint colors, and a Model Art CT-52.

Now that we have the A&A kit, I wish the later IVP kit will include the SERVAL E.C.M. bullets for the wing-tips and rear fuselage and the left wing pylon with the Barax E.C.M. pod.  If not, I wish SOME company will make these in resin.  THEN I can finally build my Mirage IV to a decently correct standard!

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Corrections

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IVA & P by A&A Models - IVA released - IVP in 2023

The Mirage IVP kit is now expected in 2023

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid07JfCgRQdXWcAQyJVSkMGzzNXDkh1XRk2Wnk7aDMe5mFeirZuGoFhdD3AzL9LxbkTl&id=1048501705294464

Dear friends,

Glad to inform you that early next year we are up to release a classic warbird - #MirageIVP ( 1/72)!

V.P.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2018 at 5:31 PM, Wez said:

...now who makes some Mirage IV wheels :hmmm:

Four years on so probably a bit late but with the thread just having been brought back to life for the forthcoming IVP I can suggest an answer - Sparkit Models in France    https://sparkit-models.com/en/landing-gear/30-mirage-ivap-wheel-set-172.html    they also do very nice replacement ejector seats in 1/72 as well   https://sparkit-models.com/en/cockpit/45-mirage-iiibc-mirage-ivap-mk4-ambm-ejection-seat-172.html   , I have both sets in 1/48 to use on the Heller kit one of these days and they are beautifully done.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Boxart and release in February:

Dear friends,
Wish you a successful and peaceful 2023!!!
Our 1st release this year will be #MirageIVP with ASMP missile in 1/72 scale. Article #AAM7221 will come with 4 liveries, PE sheet and adhesive mask in the end of February.

spacer.png

https://www.facebook.com/AAModels.scalekits/photos/a.1090974107713890/2960052184139397/

• Like 8

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IVA & P by A&A Models - IVA released - IVP in February 2023
20 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Has anyone else built this kit? Is it just me or is it an absolutely dire kit to build. If only the quality of the kit was as good as the artwork on the box top. 

Yes, the previous boxing was proper horrible. Inconsistent panel lines, sink marks, etc. Canopy needed a good polish and dipping, literally all panel lines needed correction, rescribing. 

It seemed very strange, as the general impression of the kit (included PE, masks, how the sprues and instruction sheet looked, etc.) was very reminiscent of Modelsvit. But Modelsvit provide much better plastic these days. 

I hope this new AA model boxing will be of higher quality. 

• Like 1

Just now, drake122 said:

Yes, the previous boxing was proper horrible. Inconsistent panel lines, sink marks, etc. Canopy needed a good polish and dipping, literally all panel lines needed correction, rescribing. 

It seemed very strange, as the general impression of the kit (included PE, masks, how the sprues and instruction sheet looked, etc.) was very reminiscent of Modelsvit. But Modelsvit provide much better plastic these days. 

I hope this new AA model boxing will be of higher quality. 

Absolutely! Everything you said, awful scribing. Bad fit issues & fuselage needs bracing in the middle. Overall, the Heller kit is a more pleasant build.

Hi, 

I once read the IVP project was to be New tool and was to be released under the Modelsvit name.

So I was hoping for Modelsvit quality. I was like 2 years ago.

Now the project remains an A&A project I just hope it's not just a development of the original IVA moulds.

I once had the A&A Mirage IVA and sold the kit because I was not satisfied with it.

I will wait for further development, information and reviews before moving to it..

Eric B.

1 hour ago, Eric B. said:

Hi, 

I once read the IVP project was to be New tool and was to be released under the Modelsvit name.

So I was hoping for Modelsvit quality. I was like 2 years ago.

Now the project remains an A&A project I just hope it's not just a development of the original IVA moulds.

I once had the A&A Mirage IVA and sold the kit because I was not satisfied with it.

I will wait for further development, information and reviews before moving to it..

Eric B.

The 1/48th scale version will indeed be marketed urder Modelsvit logo. However, you are right, I am also very curious about sprue shots of this new 72nd boxing before deciding what to do next.

Schemes - ref. AAM7221 - Dassault Mirage IVP with ASMP missile

Dear friends,

Answering to your questions, be advised that the following updates took place in Mirage IVP's kit in related to it's predecessor (Mirage IVA):

- Modified inner wing and fuselage surface

- Modified radio locator

- Modified main landing gear niche

- Painting masks have been added;

- Nuclear rocket and launch boosters have been added

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/AAModels.scalekits/posts/pfbid02m3q2MJmZ3fpSBkQjxvQnXT98mmxsryUah2Ze7zY3ifzbKFozs25u7C41EtkyFcmWl

https://www.facebook.com/AAModels.scalekits/posts/pfbid02nFwcytb4jrwU6MwG2Mktw4xQ7YL7gRShLWAKve3HhSgFYWMuxzeqPmFNFQ23F7uAl

324193896-574560754494196-78379156134705

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

They answered our questions:

Dear friends,

Answering to your questions, be advised that the following updates took place in Mirage IVP's kit in related to it's predecessor (Mirage IVA):

- Modified inner wing and fuselage surface

- Modified radio locator

- Modified main landing gear niche

- Painting masks have been added;

- Nuclear rocket and launch boosters have been added

Facebook post

Edited by sofiane1718
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IV by A&A Models - IVA & P released
  • 1 month later...