Brits abroad - British subjects in foreign markings Chat

Giorgio N

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I like the way that Giorgio uses the passive voice and is non-commital when he says "since the wrong date of October 17th was written in the Gb title" when what he really ,means is "that Matrix was a complete and utter muppet.  Again."

:banghead:  :wall:   :)  

thanks for leaving a "1" there in front of the "7"... might save my build :devil: 

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if there will be a second similar GB, I hope so as has given a chance to many modellers to build their favourite British subjects in different and often unusual markings. Will have to be in 2020 though, not sure we can get enough interest in time for this year's poll

My Spits are a lot more advanced than the latest pics in the build thread would suggest but they won't be finished. Had fun though, and loved being part of things - the finished builds are the inspiration that will see mine over the line, although in RFI rather than here.

Bravo to all the finishers, and a big thanks to the hosts.

Andy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richellis said:

I’d join with a truck build again with brits or yanks abroad 

That would be great ! It's good to see different subjects in GBs, your truck was very welcome here.

10 hours ago, Foxbat said:

My Spits are a lot more advanced than the latest pics in the build thread would suggest but they won't be finished. Had fun though, and loved being part of things - the finished builds are the inspiration that will see mine over the line, although in RFI rather than here.

Bravo to all the finishers, and a big thanks to the hosts.

Andy

Thanks Andy, hope to see your Spits in the RFI section,. I personally have a very bad track records with group builds, know the feeling of not completing the model in time or having to abandon it for some reason...

Well, time is over and this GB ended last night. Time for a few words....

First of all I'd like to thanks all the modellers that took part in the GB, without you there would have been no GB !

Thanks to all the modellers that managed to complete their model in time, the gallery looks great !

Thanks to all the modellers that couldn't finish their model in time, I know how hard it is to work to a deadline in what is afterall a hobby. I hope that you will complete your models and if you can please post some pictures in the general forum "Ready for Inspection" section.

I would also like to thank Wez, who helped me as co-host. These last few months have been very busy for me, without a co-host things I would have probably lost track of the GB.

Of course many thanks go to Enzo Matrix for his role as global GB moderator, without him really the GBs would be impossible. His decision of granting another couple of weeks also helped several modellers to complete their entries (me included).

I am very proud of the models built for this GB and I feel that we have achieved the goal of showing the successes of British export. Yesterday I counted subjects of 19 different nationalities, I may have missed a couple that came later. Not bad I'd say ! Some were expected (I would have bet on one or two Australian subjects), others were very unusual and unexpected. I'm also very glad to have seen a variety of subjects, with even a truck, a couple of airliners and a few military vehicles together with the more usual combat aircraft. Sure not all made it to the gallery, but at least a couple did.

I hope that all modellers enjoyed the GB as much as I enjoyed hosting this. I apologise if I missed any issue, hopefully not. I'm not sure if there will ever be another similar GB, if so count me in ! I may even be willing to co-host or even host, who knows... 😁

• Like 8

Thanks Giorgio for thinking of this GB in the first place, it's been great to see the range of subjects modelled and I'm pleased to have been able to play a small part in this GB even if I had to abandon my entry.

Edited by Wez

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Giorgio N ... Just curious if theres any news on when the poll will be up and ready for voting ? 

Ditto....

Many thanks to Gioegio and Wez for organizing this GB what mobilized me to build some models which were close to top of stash for last few years already...

Cheers

J-W

17 minutes ago, JWM said:

Ditto....

Many thanks to Gioegio and Wez for organizing this GB what mobilized me to build some models which were close to top of stash for last few years already...

Cheers

J-W

Jerzy,

The thanks should go to you and all of the other GB participants, without you guys it's just a great idea for a subject, so thanks for your input.

• Like 1