Revell 1/144 Boeing 727-100

ROBOT

Hello, 

My name is olli and you can read my introduction here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014757-hi-short-introduction-of-myself/.

After more than 15 jears since i finished a model, i finally got enough inspiration and encouragement to actually start a kit again ( and, if not more important, now I have a little spare time, kids are growing up...) anyway, I always liked vacforms and especially cargo planes,( not that I have managed to actually finish a vacform...) and I always loved the 727with all its cool liveries. So I purchased some modelling tools and some kits over tha ladt six months or so, and after some attempts on an Italeri ATR 42 and Airfix Vanguard I got pretty far with this one. ATR and Vanguard in the shelf again, bot not  binned!  Quick summing up of my work so far : 

Reshaped the front section with milliput,

Scratched the s intake duct with milliput, will be sanded to an oval shape 

Started rescribing tailplane and wings

Scratched fan fronts with streched sprue

I have the fun of my life modelling again, more and better pics will follow soon. 

Not decided on the livery yet, my favorite is f-decal SABENA 727..

http://URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/view-32471519/20170111_193321.jpg.html]20170111_193321.jpg[/URL]

20170111_185252.jpg

Hope this works and you can see the pics, 

Regards, 

Olli

Edited by ROBOT
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Slowly progressing, and, I can tell you, I can't stand filling and sanding any longer !!!

But still a lot to do: Scribing the main airframe, then finishing the engines, and, last bot not least, PAINTING, which, for me, will be the most tricky part (the last model I painted was a Monogram AH 64 Apache, brush, enamels, non-thinned.... so I'm a bit scared  ore let's say intimidated by the whole airbrush-thing, we'll see....

Here are some pics from the ongoing build, engines, main body (reshaped the nose/front Roof area, intake S-duct remodelled with Milliput, rescribed the wings & the horizontal stabilizer (that is not glued on yet), made this little kink at the top end of the  vertical stabilizer,....

please do tell me if I have forgotten main correcting aspects of the Revell kit !

klick pics for larger Images !

I know, first the pics where upside down and now the're too small, but I'm improving ^_^

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-32640332/IMG_0247.jpg.html

IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg

Happy modelling, Olli
Comments & critique welcome!
Edited by ROBOT

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

slowest progress here... (well, that's mainly because I have not much modelling time and I got so frustrated filling/sanding/rescribing/undoing rescribng errors that I've startet another build  (welsh vacform, something for a future WIP i hope...)

Some small updates: mockup of the whole thing, starting to look like a 727 now I think, engines were taken apart, fan blades scratched (in a simple, ham-fisted approach) and I tried to rebuild the  intake ducts (taken of, glued halves together, filled, sanded, glued on the fan blade front... now "Kind of" seamless...

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

started rescribing of the main airframe now, works out o.k. with 3 M Tape and a Scriber from Albion Alloys... note to myself: NEVER put Milliput on a flat Surface again....:talktothehand: Comes off in flakes when scribed, where it stays on the model it is way to soft for rescribing ....

thanks for watching, Olli

• Like 2