ETO GB for 2018 ? or 2019

TEMPESTMK5

I'd definitely be in for that. I'm trying to do as many World War II builds as possible during the 75th anniversary (stalled somewhat through 2015 and most of 2016, but getting back on track now) and plan on leveraging my GB participation to help with that goal. An ETO themed group build would be perfect...

EDIT: One point that I remember coming up on a previous ETO GB, is whether aircraft, ships and vehicles serving in Sicily and mainland Italy (technically part of the MTO) would count or not...

Edited by Sabre_days

4 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

I'd definitely be in for that. I'm trying to do as many World War II builds as possible during the 75th anniversary (stalled somewhat through 2015 and most of 2016, but getting back on track now) and plan on leveraging my GB participation to help with that goal. An ETO themed group build would be perfect...

EDIT: One point that I remember coming up on a previous ETO GB, is whether aircraft, ships and vehicles serving in Sicily and mainland Italy (technically part of the MTO) would count or not...

Good afternoon

As there is already a thread for a MTO 2018 I think that if this ETO Gb pass the magic number and gets a GO for 2018 (or 2019 ) it will count only air , sea and land that served in Western Europe : Belgium Danemark France Germany Netherlands Norway and  United Kingdom (with all the Commonwealth forces.).

Patrice

On 10/01/2017 at 14:25, PlaStix said:

Hi Patrice. I've got a few things I could build for this - I'll decide nearer the time exactly what. Could you please sign me up?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix

Of course you're in 

Ok let's start a list .

- Tempestmk5

- PlaStix

- Ozzy

- vppelt68

- Sabre-Days

- Rob85

- Basilisk 

- Caerbannog

- Charlie C 67

- JimmyZ

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

As there is already a thread for a MTO 2018 I think that if this ETO Gb pass the magic number and gets a GO for 2018 (or 2019 ) it will count only air , sea and land that served in Western Europe : Belgium Danemark France Germany Netherlands Norway and  United Kingdom (with all the Commonwealth forces.).

Patrice

Ah, I hadn't noticed the MTO GB thread. Thanks. I am definitely interested in an ETO GB, please put me down as well.

• Like 1

Hello Patrice. Will this GB include the neutral countries as shown on this map of the ETO?

eurothe.gif

(Ireland, Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey)

It would be nice if they are included as these countries also had exposures to the action.

If so, please count me in.

Cheers, Peter

One would assume that for a WETO campaign you'd be looking at any of the campaigns in the below lists. Though I do find it interesting that the invasion of Poland's included in the "Western" European theatre, I guess that one could argue the ETO didn't open until Barbarossa though I doubt the Poles or Czechs would agree!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_operations_in_the_West_European_Theater_during_World_War_II_by_year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_operations_in_the_Nordic_countries_during_World_War_II

Operation Plan W anyone?

Edited by charlie_c67

On 13/01/2017 at 09:17, Basilisk said:

Hello Patrice. Will this GB include the neutral countries as shown on this map of the ETO?

eurothe.gif

(Ireland, Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey)

It would be nice if they are included as these countries also had exposures to the action.

If so, please count me in.

Cheers, Peter

Good evening Peter

Yes of course why not ..

Patrice

Wouldn't it be simple to rule this as "what's left after the GPW and MTO GB:s, it fits here"?. Thus the Polish campaign would be ok. Fenno-Soviet Winterwar not, because Germany wasn't participating. Of course these rules need to be written out but imo they should be such that the ETO doesn't overlap the previous two. Just my :2c:

V-P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Oui s'il vous plaît  :smile:

Good afternoon Wimbledon99

I am affraid but I think that the GB/STGB Calendar for 2019 is already full and this Gb will have to be planned in 2020 ...

Patrice  

14 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Wimbledon99

I am affraid but I think that the GB/STGB Calendar for 2019 is already full and this Gb will have to be planned in 2020 ...

Patrice  

Hi Patrice, you are correct. I'm just planning ahead! :wink:

• Haha 1