Ferguson petit gris

Finished the build of this great little kit,going to do a base diarama for it,and ive also scratch built a plough to go along with it ,totaly enjoyed this a great mojo restorer,thanks for looking

Glynn, first a picture of a full size fergie and plough 

2rcq134_zpsh6jmcjyw.jpg

OI000038_zps7lkiy62p.jpg

OI000039_zpste7cl0pf.jpg

OI000035_zps8eyantm6.jpg

OI000034_zpstfnsluwy.jpg

OI000042_zpsireob9fi.jpg

OI000047_zps16aecp9u.jpg

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, DWC1968 said:

What a cracking build, looking forward to seeing it on the base.

Dave.

Thanks i started it today, a bit lost on it ,wanted to do a bit of a barn but after scaling,it'd be bloomin massive so a little rethink ,methinks

Thanks for the comments 

Glynn

• Like 2

Hewy,

OMG...  that is simply SUPERB and IMPRESSIVE to look at.

:yikes::clap2:

Very Nicely Weathered and depicts the Z real thing  most perfectly. 

MY old police Sergeant collects  1:1 scale tractors and keeps them in his huge converted hangar like shed; and if he saw your build he'd be AMAZED by it as I am..

:worthy:

KUDOS. 

:mike:

( Oh yeah MY LIKES ran out ! :doh: )

25 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

Hewy,

OMG...  that is simply SUPERB and IMPRESSIVE to look at.

:yikes::clap2:

Very Nicely Weathered and depicts the Z real thing  most perfectly. 

MY old police Sergeant collects  1:1 scale tractors and keeps them in his huge converted hangar like shed; and if he saw your build he'd be AMAZED by it as I am..

:worthy:

KUDOS. 

:mike:

( Oh yeah MY LIKES ran out ! :doh: )

thanks houston, one of my buddys has a small holding on his in laws farm and they have lots of different vintage tractors,

glynn

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Little Andi said:

Brilliant job Glynn - don't know why you were asking me about weathering and stuff you've made a superb job of this - I'm thinking about asking you how you did yours?? ... :D

Well done chap - Nice one.

Made  me smile this andi,very kind,but when you do yours im sure  it will be on a different level ,thanks again

Glynn

5 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Absolutely brilliant Glynn. You've made an excellent job of both the tractor and scratch building the plough. The need to build one is definitely growing on me.

Mark

Thanks mark,build away, little bit of a problem with the plough though, after scaling a building for a diorama it becomes blindingly obvious of a,shall we say,scalling hitch, its more like 1/35 than 1/24 ,not even trumpeter would get away with it ,ah well, maybe a trailer I've got 1/24 vw wheels in the bits bin,I'll scale it this time as the mk1 eye ball seems to be out somewhere.

Glynn

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Borez said:

Superb build and weathering Glynn, reminds me of the old rusty tractor I used to play on as a kid. :thumbsup:

cheers borez,scrumping,making camps,and swings in the woods,and birds nesting,took up most of my time as a kid

glynn

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

cheers borez,scrumping,making camps,and swings in the woods,and birds nesting,took up most of my time as a kid

glynn

Same here really but there was an old abandoned farmhouse with a tractor in the barn, many a septic cut from that place I can tell you. My mate eventually burned the whole place down by accident ( seemingly ) he got into a ton of trouble for it too.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 2

Great to see such a different vehicle being modelled, and the scratched plough takes it a higher level.

I saw one of these vintage Ferguson's at an agricultural show last August, it looks just like your model!

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Great to see such a different vehicle being modelled, and the scratched plough takes it a higher level.

I saw one of these vintage Ferguson's at an agricultural show last August, it looks just like your model!

Love the who too,thanks but theres been a scaling mistake with the plough, im doing a trailer for it though, scaled this time🤔

Glynn

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Just one photo here of the finished fergie and plough  (more to scale than the last one)on its diorama,vignette , base ,more photos in the rfi diorama section

OI000056_zpstebq3rtd.jpg

SUPERB...

it looks MAGNIFICENT... A very well thought out Vignette.. love the "mud on road" sign !

:heart::yikes::mike:

• Like 1

Absolutely smashing, the plough really gives the tractor purpose and completes the scene nicely. All in all an excellent example of dioramic narrative - Well done that man.

ps ... Did/do you have a dedicated source for the plough details and dimensions? - or have you just mackled the information together piecemeal? Strangely, I have an interest in farming equipment (especially period stuff) and yet little or no interest in farming.

6 minutes ago, Little Andi said:

Absolutely smashing, the plough really gives the tractor purpose and completes the scene nicely. All in all an excellent example of dioramic narrative - Well done that man.

ps ... Did/do you have a dedicated source for the plough details and dimensions? - or have you just mackled the information together piecemeal? Strangely, I have an interest in farming equipment (especially period stuff) and yet little or no interest in farming.

There are quite a few examples on the interweb with minor differences and there are some decent pictures and diagrams,and exploded view drawings but alas i couldnt find any technical data ,so it was the eye ball again I'm afraid andi.thanks

Glynn