T-55AM - Takom 1/35

Hello guys

This is my latest work, a Russian T-55AM made from Takom box.

The kit is very beautiful, it allows to reproduce a Russian built T-55 with all main details of this version.

In the box there are all PE parts you need, i added some light wires, new copper tow cables and Friulmodel tracks.

To fit the metal tracks is necessary use the Friulmodel drive sprockets or  replacement pairs from Tamiya T-55A kit.

The fitting  is good, but need careful in some areas because there are some little parts.

6gg7yv.jpg

330hboj.jpg

24q645s.jpg

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with Maimeri oils and various AK products

The numbers are painted using home-made stencils

29w8z2a.jpg

6ofuqd.jpg

k36nuo.jpg

2z6czs2.jpg

fw6p15.jpg

As always criticism, comments and suggestions for future works are welcome.

Cheers

Edited by Oriskany
  • Like 33

A really impressive build and a lovely paint and weathering job. Are the pipes between the two fuel tanks on the right rear track guard included in the kit, or did you make them yourself?

John.

• 1 month later...

There's nothing like a bit of brilliant modelling to lift the soul.  And this is, IMHO, brilliant.  And now I'm envious of your finishing skills ..........................

I've seen reviews that suggest building the wheels is a problem because of a join line in a difficult/inappropriate place inside the rim. There is a weld join on the real thing, which Takom rightly show, but they apparently chose to put their rim join in a different place.  Did you have any problems?  I've been kinda put off getting a Takom kit as a base for a Tiran 5 on that basis.  They've just announced a Tiran 4, which I'm very much hoping will come with spider wheels - or I'll be waiting for the MiniArt T-54 A or B.

• Like 1

Thanks mates!

@Das Abteilung: i didn't have troubles with the rims; the main problem is the alignement of drive train because the torsion bar arms are too short and they don't offer a solid support for the wheels. I think this is the only low point in comparison with Tamiya's kit, the rest of the model is really nice, correct in terms of details and with all you need inside the box.

• 1 month later...