1/48 Hasegawa F-16C 50th TFW Flagship

Filler

This is the first of two builds I’m entering into the group build. I guess this is the most legitimate one as this is only just started (only about four bits stuck together) and that was by mistake.

IMG_1865_zpsf9mddegx.jpg

This is the Hasegawa F-16C Fighting Falcon kit V8. Going off the aftermarket decals I found in the box, it seems I was intending to build it as block 25 F-16C 84-1250 of the 50th TFW based at Hahn. As far as I can make out, this aircraft was the wing commanders mount in 1986/7. I have just read on a site called Zone5 that the decals are completely wrong, but from the 3 photos I’ve managed to find of the aircraft, they don’t look so bad to me. Maybe the blue is a tad dark (but it looks almost black in the photos) and the red is perhaps a little pale (maybe that’s because the decals are donkeys years old) but I am more than happy to use them.

In addition to the Hasegawa kit and the SuperScale decals, I have an Aires exhaust which is a PW which I’m quite sure is correct for this aircraft and a cockpit also from Aires. Not sure yet whether to use that as I it might be out of my comfort zone and I also like to keep the lids down as I prefer the lines. I’ve also found a brass pitot and a set of waited wheels, but they might be the wrong types.

So now all there is to do is dig out my modelling tools and see if I can make an acceptable job of modelling it.

Edited by Filler
Spelling error
  • Like 5

welcome aboard, glad you decided to join in the fun.

There are some nice bits a pieces you have there to go with the model. 

Good luck with the build, remember if you get a bit stuck on info just pop a question in the main chat section of the thread, someones bound to know the answer. Remember, enjoy the build and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

Make sure you remove the small intake on top of the tail base, block 25's didn't have it. Assuming the standard F-16C tail is included in this kit.. It is the same by all D models, they don't have it but Hasegawa does not point it out.

And also, from 2012 a lot of USAF F-16C's received the BLOSS mod. Which resulted also in removal of the small intake....

Erik

Thanks for the heads up Erik. It is indeed on the kits tail so I'll make sure to remove it. Which F-16 blocks did have this intake? I'm guessing 30/32's? No activity on the kit today I'm afraid but I have bought a fine razor saw. Yes, I'm considering copying your flap dropping - but I might still chicken out yet.