Revell 1/48 Eurofighter

adsalamon

About to start the Revell 1/48 single seat Bronze Tiger Eurofighter. I have been reading about the intakes and they are meant to be nightmares. Is it work buying the Heritage resin intakes. Seen them for £14 online (plus £6 postage!!!) or just go ahead with the current ones. I've also read opening up the vent in the side and using a straw to make the pipe. How much do I open it up?
One last thing! I bought a scriber as ther eneeds to be a panel on the side. Does anyone have a diagram of this or shall I just look at photos

cheers

Adrian

Hi, I am just coming to the end of a build of the twin seat Typhoon 1/48 from Revell and have used the kit intakes.  However, I am using the Eduard Typhoon External PE set to blank off the intakes and the exhaust port on the port side.  These are relatively inexpensive and look good.  Furthermore, there is a great deal of extra detail.  I would recommend buying the twin seat on as it is the same as the single seat, but offers more external detail than the single seat set.

Regards

Andy

DSCN4815_zps3zbs9pmm.jpg

Built the same kit a while ago,honestly you can do a pretty good job with the stock intakes( I was lazy and left them as is :P) and you won't see much of them in the first place so...

Oh and one more thing,since Revell for some strange reason didn't include the intake turbines (compressors) but instead just some blank covers which look unrealistic,you can add two 1/48 turbines if you have them laying around somewhere,it will look a million times better...

Edited by McMaster