Hazegawa P51D Mustang Cap C Weaver 1/48

hasegawa kit with kit-world decals. kit-world decals are just awesome,great,wonderful.

DSC_0395_zpsdqls8aez.jpg

DSC_0391_zpsiydewn5x.jpg

DSC_0390_zpsuqdyp8hj.jpg

DSC_0386_zps0kjiibcz.jpg

DSC_0382_zpszk7t0sb0.jpg

DSC_0370_zpsylj5468p.jpg

DSC_0368_zpslt3szvmu.jpg

DSC_0373_zpsgald0f7x.jpg

DSC_0365_zps7mebvtr1.jpg

DSC_0367_zpsoa9xtbdr.jpg

• Like 19

Beautiful build and finish!

The NMF effect especially looks fabulous. It's also an example of how artistic license can get the better of authenticity… ;-)

The laminar flow wings of the P-51 were puttied, sanded down and painted silver in order to attain the smoothest possible surface – a prerequisite for the laminar flow aspect to be fully effective. So the panel joints and the different metal tones are fictitious.

Whatever – excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful build and finish!

The NMF effect especially looks fabulous. It's also an example of how artistic license can get the better of authenticity… ;-)

The laminar flow wings of the P-51 were puttied, sanded down and painted silver in order to attain the smoothest possible surface – a prerequisite for the laminar flow aspect to be fully effective. So the panel joints and the different metal tones are fictitious.

Whatever – excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

thank you. i just like to make it looks more variable. next time i try something more shining. 

7 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

quaquachong,

I haven't seen your models for a long time.... and your MUSTANG is simply STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS..:heart::yikes:

SUPERB build.

KUDOS...  :worthy::worthy:

thank you. last eight month i was doing travel job and 800 to 1200 miles away from home and did not have much chance to do model. now i am back. will be some more coming. 

10 hours ago, franky boy said:

Nice work.

Which paints did you use for the nmf?

James

simply gunze No.8. so it can be more shining if you use gunze super metal color which i will try for my next one. i did apply super metal color on some parts like drop tanks, wing flaps, and part of fuselage. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...