1/144 MicroMir McDonell-Douglas MD-11

Pin

• 3 months later...

Although not primarily an airliner buff, I'd like several of these for some "what ifs" I have in mind. Unfortunately, not a £50 a throw. Nonetheless, these are quite attractive options. These will go on to my "would be nice " list ! (getting longer by the day!):weep:.

Allan

I have three categories ;

Must Have

Could use

Would be nice:D

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Which engines are included in the MD-11F?  I need P&W for my Delta machine, but not experten to know how to tell between the CFM and P&W engines.  Thanks.

At the moment the kits issued by both MicroMir and Eastern Express have the GE CF-6 engines. Later releases will have P&W.

The easiest way to tell the difference is that the GE engine has a 'spike' in the tail cone and the P&Ws don't have a spike but the rear of the cone is stepped

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The easiest way to tell the difference is that the GE engine has a 'spike' in the tail cone and the P&Ws don't have a spike but the rear of the cone is stepped

Thanks so much.  That was extremely helpful.  I had always concentrated on the shape of the cowl and they looked pretty much the same to me.  But each tail cone is different.  Thanks again.

On 7/16/2018 at 5:03 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

How different is the DC-10 to the '1011? besides the wingtips. How good is the Micromir kit?

Is your question 'how different is the DC10 to the L1011? Or 'how different is the DC10 to the MD11?

Personally, I love the Micromir MD11 kit but many others have had major problems with it and would happily bin it!

Cheers,

Ian

20 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Is your question 'how different is the DC10 to the L1011? Or 'how different is the DC10 to the MD11?

Personally, I love the Micromir MD11 kit but many others have had major problems with it and would happily bin it!

Cheers,

Ian

i was just thinking of using it to make a DC-10 from since DC-10s are going for quite a lot of dough.

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

i was just thinking of using it to make a DC-10 from

Yes it's perfectly possible with a bit of work

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035527-1144-laker-skytrain-mcdonnell-douglas-dc10-30-conversion-from-ee-md11/&

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 2

Ian, has there been any more mention of the DC-10 from these gentlemen? I've just read through your conversion thread & felt quite heartened, there could be an Air NZ one on my shelf in time yet, even if the DC-10 never eventuated.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

9 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Thanks, you did say EE/Micromir has a DC-10? Are they the same kit?

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...