Pocher Ducati

40 minutes ago, harveyb258 said:

That is a great shame, Ron. I feel for you, matey!

Is there no possible way to continue, even at a slower pace due to limited funds? I know things will be hard for a while (I've been through financial hardship myself for the last couple of yrs), but where there's a will, there's a way!

Cheers, H

Hello H,

I really appreciate your comment.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of other issues in my life as well as the money aspect so, the possibility of continuing does not exist for me now, nor in the future.

Financial hardship is nothing new to me of recent times and, as much as the 'will' to continue exists, the 'means' does not.

Life's a bitch eh!

Cheers

Ron

Ron- I really hate to hear this!  I do agree with the others, although I hardly know you I can tell how passionate you are about model building, and especially about helping others.  I'm sure everyone on this forum wants to help you in some way-please do not hesitate to ask via inbox or any means if any of us can help out.  Please reconsider selling this masterpiece- I do realize how much these things mean to modelers.  The fact that a bunch of middle age men (and ladies!!) stay up at night on this site and take pictures of progress with pride, when we could be doing any number of other things, is a testament to how sacred it really is.  You have been a real supporter of this beginner and it breaks my heart to hear how rough your road is.  Thinking of you from the other side of the pond :)

Darin

6 hours ago, Dr. Fiat said:

Ron- I really hate to hear this!  I do agree with the others, although I hardly know you I can tell how passionate you are about model building, and especially about helping others.  I'm sure everyone on this forum wants to help you in some way-please do not hesitate to ask via inbox or any means if any of us can help out.  Please reconsider selling this masterpiece- I do realize how much these things mean to modelers.  The fact that a bunch of middle age men (and ladies!!) stay up at night on this site and take pictures of progress with pride, when we could be doing any number of other things, is a testament to how sacred it really is.  You have been a real supporter of this beginner and it breaks my heart to hear how rough your road is.  Thinking of you from the other side of the pond :)

Darin

Hi Darin,

thanks for your kind thoughts....very much appreciated mate :)

Agreed on all points about us 'modellers....we are a strange bunch eh!

Whilst I cannot see a way out for me right now....I am always here if you need me ;)

Thanks for support

Ron

• Like 1

I hate to see this, it's very sad.

It would be great to see it finished by YOU Ron,

How many on this forum are following this ...... could us followers maybe 'crowd-fund'?

For example 25 followers @£10.00 each ??????????????????????????????????????????? 

Just a thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elderly said:

I hate to see this, it's very sad.

It would be great to see it finished by YOU Ron,

How many on this forum are following this ...... could us followers maybe 'crowd-fund'?

For example 25 followers @£10.00 each ??????????????????????????????????????????? 

Just a thought.

Hi mate,

to say I am deeply touched by your comments is a huge understatement.

I hope you will understand when I say, I could never accept, or live with the thought that others funded my hobby.

Yes it's pride, but more than that, it's self respect.

My life problems are mine alone to deal with.

I cannot thank you enough for the kind thought and gesture.

Respect

Ron

• 1 year later...

Hello Ron,

i just would like to say that the first reason for me to register on this forum was to follow your projects. What you made is kind of « State of the Art » modeling projects. You are a kind person ready to help. I discovered your WIP then i decided to register myself in Britmodeller. You can see that reason on the introducing of myself « Hello from FRANCE ».

I really hope that you will continue to give us the chance to see your beautiful projects go on!

I wish you all the best.

Olivier from FRANCE (new in this forum)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Olivier 1980 said:

Hello Ron,

i just would like to say that the first reason for me to register on this forum was to follow your projects. What you made is kind of « State of the Art » modeling projects. You are a kind person ready to help. I discovered your WIP then i decided to register myself in Britmodeller. You can see that reason on the introducing of myself « Hello from FRANCE ».

I really hope that you will continue to give us the chance to see your beautiful projects go on!

I wish you all the best.

Olivier from FRANCE (new in this forum)

Hi Olivier, and welcome to the home of some of the best modelers on this planet.

I am touched by your kind words, and feel honoured that my work inspired you to join the forum, especially when there a so many on here who's work far exceeds my own efforts.

Sadly I am no longer able to continue my work due to many personal reasons, although I do like to keep in touch with the 'builds' in progress, which allows me to garner pleasure from what others are achieving.

I may not be on here as often as I would like these days, but I can always be reached through the messages section if you need any help.

I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Kindest regards,

Ron

On 19/08/2019 at 17:09, silver911 said:

Hi Olivier, and welcome to the home of some of the best modelers on this planet.

I am touched by your kind words, and feel honoured that my work inspired you to join the forum, especially when there a so many on here who's work far exceeds my own efforts.

Sadly I am no longer able to continue my work due to many personal reasons, although I do like to keep in touch with the 'builds' in progress, which allows me to garner pleasure from what others are achieving.

I may not be on here as often as I would like these days, but I can always be reached through the messages section if you need any help.

I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Kindest regards,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your reply. I accept your help, i appreciate. I am working on big scale projects such as the Pocher Lamborghini 1/8. I also have the 1/8 Laferrari from Centauria/Hachette collection Japan and the Deagostini 1/10 Ferrari Enzo. I haven’t started these projects yet because i need few custom PE parts. I saw that you made PE parts for a Ducati Panigale. Do you know somebody who is able to make 1/8 Photo etched brake discs for my Laferrari and 1/10 for my Enzo? The Enzo is exactly the sale that the 1/12 from Tamiya. There is a lot of PE upgrades for the 1/12 Tamiya. Is there a way to just « copy » these PE sheets in a bigger scale?

Thanks again. I am sad to know that you can’t continue to make models...

1 hour ago, Dinky said:

Search Ebay for seller TREMONIA, he is selling loads of PE stuff like brakes discs

Hi Dinky,

thank you for your idea. Unfortunately, i already ask him and he doesn’t make custom PE parts. He doesn’t have anything for 1/8 Laferrari neither for the 1/10 Deagostini Enzo...

On 8/20/2019 at 8:32 PM, Olivier 1980 said:

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your reply. I accept your help, i appreciate. I am working on big scale projects such as the Pocher Lamborghini 1/8. I also have the 1/8 Laferrari from Centauria/Hachette collection Japan and the Deagostini 1/10 Ferrari Enzo. I haven’t started these projects yet because i need few custom PE parts. I saw that you made PE parts for a Ducati Panigale. Do you know somebody who is able to make 1/8 Photo etched brake discs for my Laferrari and 1/10 for my Enzo? The Enzo is exactly the sale that the 1/12 from Tamiya. There is a lot of PE upgrades for the 1/12 Tamiya. Is there a way to just « copy » these PE sheets in a bigger scale?

Thanks again. I am sad to know that you can’t continue to make models...

Hi Olivier, the custom PE radiator fins I had made for this build came from a company in Scotland. There is a link to them in the pages of this build. I would suggest you e-mail them and let them know what you require. It was a guy called 'Craig' if my memory serves me well, a very friendly and helpful chap. Feel free to mention my name and the parts I had made, and I am sure they will assist you.

As said, feel free to contact me for any help you may need.

Kindest regards,

Ron