Pocher Ducati

I second Mr C's comments.  In addition to the weathering and scorching I love all the plumbing and connectors.  The fitting look outstanding.  It's exciting to see some of the red body panels appearing.  Will you be leaving them red and clean?  The contrast between the clean body and used (but very well maintained by the owner) engine could be really cool

Rich

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Codger said:

No big deal - my mrs has been scorching things on the cooker for decades... :badmood:

BRILLIANT idea by a very bright Lady! Nothing looks more real than the real thing.

Which is what the whole works looks like - the real thing. Far beyond your ability to create natural finishes, your thought process and planned modifications are highly advanced. Then there's the surgical neatness which betrays the fact that this is a 1/4 size likeness. You are putting on a clinic here my friend.

This is by far the best of these extant on any forums I've seen; it will be the benchmark Pocher Ducati.

Period.:king:  :worthy:

LMAO :clap:

She certainly called the right play there....bless her :)

For me...creating the 'illusion of reality' is as much a part of the build as the added detail....each is lost without the other.....references are the foundation you build from....and the planning is key to success....but....first and foremost....it's the 'story'.

Having a 'story'....such as my 'well ridden but loved bike'....adds credence to the whole....and is the explanation behind what you see.

Until a better one comes along ;)

Your continued support and meaningful comments are very much appreciated as always Mr C

Ron

11 hours ago, rjfk2002 said:

I second Mr C's comments.   The contrast between the clean body and used (but very well maintained by the owner) engine could be really cool

Rich

Exactly the path I went down with the Rolls. Pampered coach and workhorse mechanicals.

Starlets only look at the coachwork anyway...:devil:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rjfk2002 said:

I second Mr C's comments.  In addition to the weathering and scorching I love all the plumbing and connectors.  The fitting look outstanding.  It's exciting to see some of the red body panels appearing.  Will you be leaving them red and clean?  The contrast between the clean body and used (but very well maintained by the owner) engine could be really cool

Rich

Many thanks Rich :)

Yes....panels will be lovingly clean ;)

Ron

Final small update for this off shift period.

Everything was assembled as per the kit instructions.

Only things changed were the disc mounting bolts for the correct style...with the addition of the 'creep' marks on them in yellow as per factory specs.

I have already sanded the first stage on the tyres....next I will sand the common wear on the central band.

Undecided as yet about painting the lettering?

IMG_1919_zpsm5b7bghm.jpg

IMG_1920_zps55wanhfe.jpg

Ron

• Like 1

Superb likeness of 1:1. That Lady know her stoves!

I vote 'no' to tire letters - too 'street weenie' for the overall technical look of the bike. This is a track warrior that gets some street miles. Yes I know the mfgrs advertise their names with every set. I'd use creative license here. I might scribble a bit of chalk markings to indicate what set of tires they came from or psi - positions like cars have ('L / R') not needed here.

Keep an overall final presentation in mind with each additional component added. The 'vibe' is the subtle thing that adds to 'real' in scale.

EDIT: Don't forget to 'brake dust' (and chain snot) the inner rims and center section. The logo on the rim would get toned-down a bit......

Edited by Codger
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Codger said:

I vote 'no' to tire letters - too 'street weenie' for the overall technical look of the bike. This is a track warrior that gets some street miles. Yes I know the mfgrs advertise their names with every set. I'd use creative license here. I might scribble a bit of chalk markings to indicate what set of tires they came from or psi - positions like cars have ('L / R') not needed here.

Keep an overall final presentation in mind with each additional component added. The 'vibe' is the subtle thing that adds to 'real' in scale.

EDIT: Don't forget to 'brake dust' (and chain snot) the inner rims and center section. The logo on the rim would get toned-down a bit......

All points duly noted Mr C ;)

As a point of note....the kit chain will require some attention....way too clean and 'shiny'....I'm thinking a little heat....and 1 : 1 chain lube!

Respect

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Codger said:

18 hours ago, larchiefeng said:

As far as the tire lettering goes, does it fit with the story and the owner of the bike? This is really the only question to be asked.

Ok....forget the tyre lettering then chaps   :)

Brake dust etc. as you command ;)

Ron

14 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Ok....forget the tyre lettering then chaps   :)

Brake dust etc. as you command ;)

Ron

-and be sure to send it to me when it's all finished! :whip:

1 hour ago, Dinky said:

Amazing progress again Ron, really nice!

Many thanks for comment mate.....nice one :)

By the way.....that dip in the radiator.....it was for the spark plug boot.

Cheers

Ron

Ron did you noticed your disc brake centers are not aligned?

Also please forget the painting of the lettering, that looks too cheap for such an fantastic build;-)

28 minutes ago, Dinky said:

Ron did you noticed your disc brake centers are not aligned?

Also please forget the painting of the lettering, that looks too cheap for such an fantastic build;-)

They are spot on mate!

I think it is the perspective in the picture that is throwing you....because you are seeing the disc behind as well as the front one.

Feel free to correct me otherwise ;)

Ron

4 minutes ago, Dinky said:

Im having an hard time believing its the perspective in the picture, I would check it if I was you.

Sorry....but you need to be more specific....a pic maybe?

I honestly cannot see what you are referring too :(

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Finally able to get back to this :)

Whilst I cannot assemble any more to the main lump....simply because I need to get a case for it as it has outgrown the shelf unit I was using....and it now resides in the TV cabinet...but only just!

In the meantime....I have been working on the front and rear sections of the bike.

Although I am waiting for some special parts that Roy vd kindly made for me....more on those when they arrive....I have been able to assemble the rear wheel and swing arm etc.

This is one of the most awkward sections to assemble and detail...but really does impose itself on the work bench when done.

I have replaced all the kit screws with the relevant scale and type bolts plus their 'creep' marks when needed.

Also added the rear brake line and ABS sensor cable to the calliper.

The relevant areas have been weathered in...but I will finalise that when fitted to the main frame.

I have yet to add wheel weights....and a couple of smaller details to the rim.

IMG_1955_zpsenbp91xb.jpg

IMG_1956_zpsshuwxf9e.jpg

IMG_1959_zpslxrf2kzu.jpgIMG_1958_zpstbfhl0oz.jpg

IMG_1957_zpstjcfgtyo.jpgIMG_1954_zpslxdperae.jpg

IMG_1953_zpsi0huzm2j.jpgIMG_1952_zps6v04rvfg.jpg

IMG_1951_zpsgly67y8z.jpgIMG_1950_zps7atfzoye.jpg

IMG_1949_zps32mlat39.jpg

I will update the rear when the new parts arrive.

Ron

Edited by silver911
grammar