Site - slow response?

I'm running Firefox and response time is sporadic. Broadband speed is about 85.11 mbps.

Now this is strange. Ran a ping test. First one came up with about 2.75 mbps. Ran a different test and got 85, and having done that the response times are much faster.

Edited by bentwaters81tfw
Update

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Up here we can only dream of 85 mbps!  45 downhill with a tailwind if I'm lucky!

Richard

Still slow for me. 4.5Mbps mac for me but I am in the back of beyond. Approx 6 miles from the centre of Cambridge...

52 minutes ago, bhouse said:

Still slow for me. 4.5Mbps mac for me but I am in the back of beyond. Approx 6 miles from the centre of Cambridge...

Fine for me and I'm almost 260 miles from the centre of Cambridge  :shrug:

Has been very slow for weeks here. There is definitely a database issue; if I go to 'content I posted in' (which by the way is really well hidden since the upgrade) it takes literally minutes to load. Other parts of the site are not as bad but still relatively slow compared to the old forum.

I've not noticed a single sloth issues myself, and I'm approximately as far as @stringbag away from Cambridge, and the server for that matter.  In case you think I have some kind of privileged connection to the server, I don't.  Just the usual FTC broadband like most of us in the UK have.  My only issue with speed at the moment is having to go back to a HDD while I wait for my replacement SSD to arrive :(