"On days like these ..." 1/24 Lamborghini Miura (The Italian Job)

Neil

Sean, Ref your 3 Tamiya minis FB post, its possible the one they used as a basis had a period cast alloy rocker cover, they were quite common as a tuning accessory in the 60's and mostly the same patterns were produced into the 80s at least if not still today. 

Admittedly it does look like the MG Metro one but I can't help feeling BL more likely to have copied someone else's A-series design, they weren't big on alloy covers on any other cars!   The alloy covers could be tightened down better without distorting as the pressed ones would, apparently that made the car go faster?  Hopefully you have a photo of the innards of the Italian Job ones to confirm.

Back to the lovely Lambo...

Edited by malpaso

On 8/23/2019 at 11:40 PM, Séan Pádraig said:

have the Miura (Italeri) in my stash which I was thinking of adding to the set... I did not realise the changes required would be so invasive (might just make it 'look' like the car. I don't wish to distract from your build but I think you missed one detail on the interior... the factory seats were removed for filming and replaced with black ones... the head rest was part of the rear bulkhead so remained in place hence black seats with white headrests.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HMC.stickyfingers/permalink/2251138145126601/

So you could not contribute or add any feedback or constructive criticism while this In Progress build was under way, yet you have resurrected it 18 MONTHS after it was finished, done, and dusted, just to make a moot point regarding the seats used in the car?  Something of a pointless thing to point out, possibly, because White leather seats were fitted as a factory option, ordered by the customer, so they are accurate. Black leather seats were fitted for a VERY short time, (days, possibly?) and changed back to the originals after filming. White leather seats are correct for this Miura.

Conversely, you are happy to highlight this 'error' in my build, but admit to considering using, arguably, THE worst MIura kit out there, (Italeri) for your needs, and, I quote, you "might just make it 'look' like the car". Presumably you have no intention of trying to make the kit accurate in any way, and will be happy with a vague finished article, yet are more than happy to highlight a so called 'inacurracy' in my build? 

Then again, maybe you will be posting a full In Progress build of your Italeri Miura, here on BM, too, correcting all necessary faults and issues with the kit though??  I look forward to it .... 

Or alternatively, did you resurrect this article from 18 months ago simply as a convenient way of highlighting your link to Facebook, with no intention of actually putting your build on BM? 

;)

Hi Neil superb work absolutely top drawer. Thrive on all the positives and ignore the one negative imo you've created a masterpiece.l have one of these to build and if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be happy 

Regards Andy