This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet by Academy - released

After the two-seats F/A-18F Super Bug - ref.12535 - (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994146-172-boeing-fa-18f-super-hornet-by-academy-released/), Academy is to release in 2017 a 1/72nd USN Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet "VFA-143 "Pukin Dogs" kit - ref.12547.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/academymodeleurope/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1575659209129938

Acad_new_1.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Interesting marketing in that some of the former Multicolor Plastic (MCP) kits like the F-4 and F-16, now appear in the catalog as "regular" kits. In that regard, assuming the  F/A-18E is the F/A-18F MCP kit with single seat parts, it is listed as a regular" kit. (realizing that the catalog listing may not reflect the actual packaging).

Gene K

VMFA-143 ?  Hope they correct this.

Darn it - only Italeri give you option to pose the spoilers deployed and Italeri is the most inaccurate tooling of the bunch

FA-18E_Super_Hornet_of_VFA-115_in_flight 

I have a bad feeling it has a one-piece canopy (does not seem to be a seam between the two parts)

I just don't. get. it.

I was looking forward to this one -the plastic is a snap-tite right enough, but I can use the decals! It came up on Hannants' news letter today at £24.00.  It's also on eBay for £25 (but free shipping).  Seriously? For this toy-like object? You can get a Hasegawa one for £21.00!!!

Not sure it will score too well this side of the Pacific. :cold:

But so was the their F-4 and that went down a storm. Not sure on the price, but it looks nice enough to my untrained eye. Look forward to the reviews.