Harrier

Thanks Kirk :)

In plan next _ S-3 , F-14D, Su-27UB, F-18D,

Challenger 2 , Abrams, RAF Apache, Merkava 4, AV-8B , if some manufacturers too produce  good Harrier with cool details i to build one more dirty Harry :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Vitaliy. That is one superb build and a thoroughly well deserved certificate. I must say that I have really enjoyed watching this epic build and look forward to your next.

• Like 1

Congratulations!  Well done Vitaliy!

Cheers

Nick

(Of course you could try converting an Airfix 1/24th scale Harrier GR3 to a GR9... I know someone who has done that and it's not me!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NG899 said:

Congratulations!  Well done Vitaliy!

Cheers

Nick

(Of course you could try converting an Airfix 1/24th scale Harrier GR3 to a GR9... I know someone who has done that and it's not me!)

That I would love to see! Nick - have you corrected and built the Trumpy GR7/GR9 Harrier?

1 hour ago, NG899 said:

… and once you've done that, perhaps convert an Austin Mini into a BMW Mini? Similar amount of commonality. :winkgrin:

I spent a whole Christmas-time many years ago doing all the correction work for Trumpeter so they could change their AV8B to be a proper GR7.

They ignored 95% of what I sent them; I was told because they said modellers would not know the differences.

Sore point.

I've never since and will never again buy a Trumpeter kit; those I had in store went in a SMW kit-swap.

That said, Piero De Santis has done several excellent upgrades of the Trumpeter kit; many shown here on BM.

I did look at what was needed with it and decided that it was actually easier to convert the big Airfix kit to a GR9; as done by Phil Cater and Dave Haggas back in the 1980s/90s; especially as 1/32nd isn't my scale.

My conversion of the old GR1A to an FRS1 in the mid-80s, way before Airfix released their SHAR kit, inspired Phil (the then Harrier SIG Leader) to convert a GR1A to a GR7; or so he told me many times. Having done that he converted the GR7 to a T10; because he'd got board with the GR7! The T10 still exists but needs a very major service.

Kirk, sorry, not interested in Mini cars; they cannot do what a Harrier can.

And that idea of a project has as much commonality as converting a GR3 to F35B...!

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...