Harrier

Vitaliy - may I be a little critical on a couple of points? The tabs for the auxiliary intake doors look just a little bit too long. It may be too late and it is an amazing model - they just seem slightly out of scale. Also the wing leading edge tape looks a little bit bright as compared with the other (fabulous) weathering. I think in the real world it is clear tape that discolours over time in sunlight.

I take it that the pilot is so impressed that he is having a lie down. I may do the same.

:mike: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vitality, adding to Kirk’s Comments...

Tone down the rivet detail on the whole airframe.

Panel fasteners fine.

Rivets not.

It was a non-metal structure in the main.

Other than that...

Not bad at all!

Cheers

Nick

• Like 1

There will be a place for ZG506 on the Harrier SIG display and you behind the stand if you both ever make it over to Scale ModelWorld Vitaliy!

Excellent work!

I know a few of the pilots and maintainers who served on Operation Herrick who would be delighted to have such a superb model of this brilliant, iconic aircraft.

Cheers 🍻 🍻

Nick

• Like 1

What's not to like Vitaliy? It's a Harrier and it's excellently executed with a truly fantastic attention to detail.

I do agree with Nick that toning down the composite fixings (rivets) would improve it further - though unlike Nick I have no idea how you would go about this.

Let us know if you take him up on the offer of displaying at Scale Model World; I'm sure I'm not the only one who would take a trip to see this in the flesh.

• Like 1