Academy catalog 2017 - programme + newsletter 4/4 2017

Homebee

The Academy catalogue 2017 is online here:

https://www.facebook.com/academymodeleurope/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1575659209129938

News pages:

Just one new aircraft tooling: the 1/72nd McDD F-15E & K Strike/Slam Eagle - ref.12550 & 12554 - thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013557-new-tool-f-15ek-by-academy-in-172/

All the other "new" kits being repop (with new decals) or variants from old kits. Nonetheless interesting is a 1/72nd single seat F/A-18E Super Hornet kit (thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014755-172-boeing-fa-18e-super-hornet-release-in-2017/) a variant from the FA-18F Super Bug - ref. 12535 - released on July 2016 (thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994146-172-boeing-fa-18f-super-hornet-by-academy-released/).

Not even a 1/48th F-4E (derived from F-4C/D kit) nor a FA-50 (derived from the T-50 kit)... :hmmm:

Academy_2017.png

Acad_new.jpg

And a few other "things"

mud.jpg

Ships.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

There are such things as mini-saws.

There's also such a thing as common sense:

"Hey, you don't think that modellers who spend on a kit as detailed as this will want to display it with the canopy open?"

"Nonsense! Who does that!?"

• Like 1

It's a bit surprising, I'd agree, but hardly worth throwing your toys out of the cot and turning your back on all these apparently superb models.  If they are that good, you can always open the canopy if you want one open. You can always drop the flaps if you want them dropped.  You can flatten the tyres, if you like flat tyres.  It's called modelling, and that really is just common sense.  But as the man said: what is sense is not common, and what is common is not sense.

PS I suspect they don't have pilots in them and who makes a plane without a pilot?

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Phantome said:

There's also such a thing as common sense:

"Hey, you don't think that modellers who spend on a kit as detailed as this will want to display it with the canopy open?"

"Nonsense! Who does that!?"

I don't see why people who like making life harder for themselves shouldn't be granted their wish beyond their wildest dreams. 

• Like 5

Aside from the Strike/Slam Eagle and Super Hornet, it's great to see the 1:144 B-47 and B-58 back. I also know I've got way more than enough Sabres in my stash, but I'll probably pick up the F-86 for the decals: I've always liked The Huff and although I don't really care for the "Bill's Baby" noseart on the starboard side, it was there on the real thing so I'm glad Academy remembered to include it.

Here's hoping the T-50 rebox has landing gear...

Edited by Sabre_days

16 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

It's a bit surprising, I'd agree, but hardly worth throwing your toys out of the cot and turning your back on all these apparently superb models.  If they are that good, you can always open the canopy if you want one open. You can always drop the flaps if you want them dropped.  You can flatten the tyres, if you like flat tyres.  It's called modelling, and that really is just common sense.  But as the man said: what is sense is not common, and what is common is not sense.

PS I suspect they don't have pilots in them and who makes a plane without a pilot?

Agreed! I think it's a rather silly over reaction to a very minor issue. As you say, how difficult is it to open the canopy? Personally, I prefer one piece canopies - regardless of the amount of detail under them. In any case, transparencies nowadays  are mostly of very high quality and clarity. Not difficult to see all that nice detail inside.  Multi piece types often don't match up correctly and it's just one or more fragile piece(s) just dying to get knocked off the model.

Allan

• Like 3

Well here's my two bobs worth...(and I apologise to anyone that has heard me winge about this before). The only commonly available 1/48 Spitfire XIV is an Academy kit generally regarded as a remarkably inaccurate, even ugly model. Why no company (including Airfix, Eduard and now Academy) appear to have any plans to do a new tool of this important and attractive mark of wartime Spitfire is beyond my understanding.

Edited by Reconcilor
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...