1/48 NSAWC Adversary

SimonT

This is my second proposed build.  I have just noticed after opening the box that at some point i must have started it and put it away.  It's not of a good standard and so parts are broken ( I suspect in one of the house moves).  I think it's still under 25%, what do you think?

y3mKJVALA8t_3kX-l_OxWUlE3q-lYGdy8Ar9foCD

y3mOfhyqdEmDbnR78JkC_qGeidPPGCMjl9o-XDqU

The plan, if allowed, is to build this along side the Aggressor and compare along the way.

Simon

Edited by SimonT
Images moved in cloud
  • Like 5

welcome aboard Simon, it's looks to be barely started so you'll be fine.

This is the first Italeri model we've had so far so it'll be interesting to watch this build.

Well good luck with the build and hope it's smooth sailing to the gallery with her.

I thought I would start on this one first, logic tells me it's the one that will need more work on the kit so may as well get it going.  I like my birds, when on the ground, in dirty config.  The Italeri kit as you'll see has flaps and tail stabilisers moulded as part of the wing and fuselage respectively:

y3mKEs3WmWROhxMKJ2N7YiLgWCpqeuU7xE5p2mk5

y3m_s5ltP9pQpkJArM6m9uT63gtGxwLQL45pqDmz

So, after a couple of hours (first time I've done this), whilst watching Harry Potter dish out some pain I have this:

y3mRU8Q2WRGLsY-oKWNtwgQrfCpIxPX_W3lPhyHy

That's my evening's work, I'll clean them all up, get the flaps glued together and then shape the leading edges next session.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that's some nice clear work removing the flaps, are you going to position the leading edges as well? I don't fancy removing them!

I've never seen the slats down while on the ground, though I presume it's possible for maintenance etc.  Wasn't planning on it, as you say, don't fancy doing that much ;)

1 hour ago, HOUSTON said:

Simon,

Well that's a NEAT CLEAN start and looking forward to more of you super modeling. 

B)

38 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice start Simon.

Removing and re-angling the flaps will make a difference to the look of the finished model.

Thanks, I just took my time while doing it, I think it worked, time will tell.  I agree with  the difference in look, hopefully it will make it look more dynamic/realistic.

• Like 1