1/72 - Ilyushin Il-10 "Beast" by Fly - released - new masks set

Homebee

43 minutes ago, JWM said:

I would add, that it is not a very big problem to correct those shapes, even to draw the lines again. Anyway the FLY model has very nice surfaces and detailing...

J-W

Yes, the quality of the kit is excellent; correcting the shapes may not be difficult (thanks to the work you guys did on the weekend!), but it does mean risking damage to some of that amazingly fine detail. :weep:

John

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, KRK4m said:

While waiting eagerly for the decent Il-10 in 72nd scale I still don't feel sure whether THIS is the definitive one :(

I don't know what drawings is this kit based on, but the real thing (for last 40 days I can touch it every day) has much beefier nose and the windscreen doesn't look so high.

Remember that the cowling must embrace the 2850 CID (yes - more than DB603 or Sabre) Mikulin AM-42 thus the nose cannot be so slim like in 1650 CID-powered Mustang or Spitfire... I would rather be wrong, however :) But old KzP kit also had cowling upper outline about a milimetre too low.                                                  Lietadlo_Avia_B-33_(Ilyushin_Il-10)_Nizn

Cheers

Michael

For anyone interested, this aircraft above after a long restoration, is now airworthy.   This ^^ is now this ˅˅˅

173169.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...