1/48 Spitfires, I know that I'm a serial starter...

26 minutes ago, malpaso said:

I imagine the seat came out with a perfect smooth even coat of yellow, unlike the usual streaky mess that is achieve by the usual paint- or airbrush methods for that colour!  😁

Cheers

Will

Not even at the place that pesky paint was sensed to stay !!

WP_20180620_22_15_06_Pro

And I get my usual cure for such an achievement !!

WP_20180628_17_31_37_Pro

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

Let's share the desk and camera of my Pink Spitfire...

WP_20180724_00_06_24_Pro

More to come soon !

Take care, hydrate yourself and happy modelling !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears,

Let's share the desk and camera of my Pink Spitfire...

WP_20180724_00_06_24_Pro

More to come soon !

Take care, hydrate yourself and happy modelling !

Sincerely.

CC

Ooooh nice office and lens dear boy..  :D

Johnny boy.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

Now it's glued !

WP_20180802_23_51_35_Pro

I will thank Mr Roy Sutherland, thes camera insert are a great idea !!

And it look good !

WP_20180802_23_51_52_Pro

Yes, as incredible as it is, I will have at least one Spitfire with the door closed up...

More to come on Sunday I think !

Have a great Week end and take care !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hello Dears,

I have engraved the camera access bay on the other side of the fuselage..

I was about to button the FR IX but Something was missing, and then !! Ping, I remembered that hatch !

WP_20180918_23_04_29_Pro

More to come soon !

Have a great modelling time !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Gadget2012 said:

Amazing looking models being manufactured here. I hope I can get my own feeble efforts looking this good..... One day....... Maybe........ 

🍻

Hello Mr G !

Come on ! Jump in the pool !

Believe me or not I still think the same Almost each and every time I sat at the Bench !!

My favourite sentence is " So I hope that I will not mess up too much today"

Thanks for the kind words and welcome in our mad modeller asylum  amazing forum !!:rofl2:

You live in rugby ? we get up there last year, because near Rugby there is also a town named Cosford :rage:

And the guy from booking put all the Cosford on the same page…. Some milles more !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Hello there CC. Been having a catch-up of your latest work and as always it's impressive stuff. Clearly inspiring stuff as well 'cause it's putting me in the mood for finishing a stalled Spitfire and perhaps starting a Seafire :hmmm: 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful work CC. A spitfire with the door closed? Madness I tells ya. 😝

Jont.

Hello Dear Spad,

That will be my first closed door Spitfire ! I just wanted to have one in the batch with a bit of intimity !! :rofl2:

But be reassured, the 2 Seafire 17 will have their door open ! And the Mk IX too

The PR XI has no door at all, so problem solved !!:evil_laugh:

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Loving that camera and associated interior-work Cc.

Thank you Tony !

I just feel the envy to try these camera insert !

It look pretty good, but my PR XI will have a more Baronial shaped interior ! <_<

44 minutes ago, Col. said:

Hello there CC. Been having a catch-up of your latest work and as always it's impressive stuff. Clearly inspiring stuff as well 'cause it's putting me in the mood for finishing a stalled Spitfire and perhaps starting a Seafire :hmmm: 

Hello Col !

Make a Seafire !! I've done a Mk II and a .47 and have 2 .17 on the go !!

Thank for the kind words !

Thank you all and have a great modelling time !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

Just now, corsaircorp said:

Hello Col !

Make a Seafire !! I've done a Mk II and a .47 and have 2 .17 on the go !!

Thank you all and have a great modelling time !!

Sincerely.

CC

Made a few so far including an Airfix XVII as the only 48th scale example but there's also a III, IV, XV and 45 done in 72nd scale along with plenty of both scales in the stash to choose from :) Plan to cover a few examples used at Lossiemouth and Milltown as those two bases are only 50 miles from where I live including at least one III, a XV, XVII, and the 46 but at the moment I'm torn between a Pacific Fleet III in natural metal or getting started to a PR.XI conversion now I've seen mention of one in your thread here. Too many choices CC :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Col. said:

Made a few so far including an Airfix XVII as the only 48th scale example but there's also a III, IV, XV and 45 done in 72nd scale along with plenty of both scales in the stash to choose from :) Plan to cover a few examples used at Lossiemouth and Milltown as those two bases are only 50 miles from where I live including at least one III, a XV, XVII, and the 46 but at the moment I'm torn between a Pacific Fleet III in natural metal or getting started to a PR.XI conversion now I've seen mention of one in your thread here. Too many choices CC :lol: 

I started the PR XI from an old Otaki Mk VIII

Hoping that Eduard will gave us a good PR XI !!

It's in their plans for sure, may be they wait that I finish mine….:cheers:

Murphy's law Always win !

Great project about Lossie !! I love this way of modelling with a story behind !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

I started the PR XI from an old Otaki Mk VIII

Hoping that Eduard will gave us a good PR XI !!

It's in their plans for sure, may be they wait that I finish mine….:cheers:

Murphy's law Always win !

Great project about Lossie !! I love this way of modelling with a story behind !!

Sincerely.

CC

I'm planning to combine an ICM Mk.IX with the Airfix XIX but no doubt Eduard will make the task much simpler once we are done :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Me too - and Lossie's a good subject, because at various times in its life it has been both RAF & FAA at important stages of their respective history

Thanks lads. Only have the Hunter PR.11 and a Seafire XV with the LM tailcodes at the moment but there's plenty more planned and I keep finding more good images for Lossie and Milltown machines so the list keeps growing :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

I bought this tool for peanuts in my local DIY, it's useful, I think that I paid Something like 2,5 €

WP_20181002_21_56_31_Pro

Think that one (me) has to be carefull with the handle...

Not to crunch the kit please !!

WP_20181002_23_53_10_Pro

Fr IX is now buttoned up !! pink and grey paint has arrived … Well...

On the PR XI front…. One more setback !

WP_20181002_23_34_28_Pro

Airfix wing on an otaki kit with parts from ICM and Eduard...

Hem... Mr & Mrs Eduard ??? A Pr XI for te gentle guys from BM Please ?

Talking about Eduard, here's my Mk IX

It's probably me but I think that there is Something wrong in my build

WP_20181002_23_15_52_Pro

What do you think about chaps ??

Have a great modelling time !

I did !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello Dears !

So John ! @Biggles87, you've asked for Spitfires !

Here she is, I Don't know yet wich one will make it firstly on the RFI

But the Mk 24 has received some attention today !

WP_20181123_20_14_41_Pro

Buttoned up, including the resin interior has been rock 'n Roll but here we are !!

WP_20181123_23_16_42_Pro

She will enter my Korean War serie as a 80 Sqdn's bird at Kaï Tak…

Now my pink FR IX is on her way too

as is the Mk IX from Eduard

Now the PR XI is far behind And then….this mad project will be over

I will Spitify again but turning to early ones !!

Thanks for watching my tribulations !!

But Following me is kinda like of this game

WhackaJackpot-microgaming-icon

I Don't know myself where I'll pop up from a day to another !!

Sorry about that !!

Sincerely.

CC

"Wack a mole" ?? Mmmh Like Guacamole Indeed !! Bring on the goat !! :rofl2::cheers:

• Like 3

Following your Spitfires is more of an addiction than a game CC.

I recently discovered two ready for painting in a box, Mk 21 and a Mk VIII. If I can find the undercarriages and props I might brush paint them over the winter ( airbrushing in the house is forbidden ) as it will be too cold and damp in my cave soon.

I also have a Mk 22 which I am saving for the next STGB.

Have a good weekend.

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Following your Spitfires is more of an addiction than a game CC.

I recently discovered two ready for painting in a box, Mk 21 and a Mk VIII. If I can find the undercarriages and props I might brush paint them over the winter ( airbrushing in the house is forbidden ) as it will be too cold and damp in my cave soon.

I also have a Mk 22 which I am saving for the next STGB.

Have a good weekend.

John

The STGB about Cold war in Europe  in the '50 ??

Come on I can't wait to see her finished ...

And thank for the kind words John !

The next "Vickers Supermarine" to make it to the RFI will be my 2 Seafire 17.

Hoops these one came from Cunliffe Owen...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

Found this line of mails today. Great project. I share the idea, having collected whatever useful for a complete series (incliuding decals for more than 1500 Spits - a bit like collecting stamps), ever since Neil Robinson published his special on Spitfires in Quarter Scale Modeller back in 1997. My excuse not to get started has always been that we were missing a proper Mk.XIV. Now Airfix will provide us with a decent Mk.XIVe low back, so only a high back is missing (discounting the awful Academy ones, and a few special ones like the racer plane). Hope one day to get started. Otherwise, my son will take over, and he is a better modeller than me. 

By the way, did anyone correct you saying that the PR Mk.XI had no door. It had. It was the pressurized Mk. X who did not. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NPL said:

Found this line of mails today. Great project. I share the idea, having collected whatever useful for a complete series (incliuding decals for more than 1500 Spits - a bit like collecting stamps), ever since Neil Robinson published his special on Spitfires in Quarter Scale Modeller back in 1997. My excuse not to get started has always been that we were missing a proper Mk.XIV. Now Airfix will provide us with a decent Mk.XIVe low back, so only a high back is missing (discounting the awful Academy ones, and a few special ones like the racer plane). Hope one day to get started. Otherwise, my son will take over, and he is a better modeller than me. 

By the way, did anyone correct you saying that the PR Mk.XI had no door. It had. It was the pressurized Mk. X who did not. 

Hello NPL,

Please do not delay your project any further ! Start it now !

Thank for the tip about the PR XI

I'm waiting eagerly for the Airfix Mk XIV but that will not stop me doing my 3 Hobbycraft ones. Surgery is sometimes pretty funny !

My main point of interest is history, and I make my models accordingly ! Weird painting are too attractive to me….:evil_laugh:

See my 225th Sqdn Mustang Mk Ia, weird warload is also a point of interest for me aka the beer keg Under the Mk IX.

My Seafire II was also a result of some surgery !

WP_20161027_12_21_21_Pro[1]

Sincerely.

CC

Edited by corsaircorp
adding a pic
  • Like 5

Dear Corsaircop,

Hope that it will work if I get some spare time after Christmas. The Hobbycraft Mk.XIV is primitive, but not hopeless like the Academy one. I would substitute the covers in front. I do not know if I can use the DACO correction for the Academy (heard bad things about that as well), but the general shape of the Hobbycraft version seems to be sound. 

Weird painting is not my cup of tea, either. Prefer planes with a history. 

Since I am the person I am I put my project down into writing. Now in its 2018 'edition'. Cannot be distributed widely because of too much copyrighted material, but it has been fun. 

Just reviewed my correction sets and discovered that I missed Aires F. 47 corrections. It sells on Ebay for serious money. I will leave it. I have the Grand Phoenix version: Airfix + Cooper Details. It is really the intake that is a problem. The radiators are quite easy to fix.

• Thanks 1