Avro Vulcan xj824

Hi all, this is my first post on britmodeller and I've decided to build an avro Vulcan, I won't be posting all the time due to school work and other things such as studying for exams, but I'll make sure not to forget to upload now and again, the Vulcan I'll be making is xj824, which is at the imperial war museum in Cambridge, I've seen it a few times and I've taken about a thousand photos of the damn thing. So I have plenty of reference photos to help me.

harry

• Like 6

Welcome aboard harry. You've certainly chose a very iconic, and well loved subject to start with.

I will be following with interest, as I too have a vulcan to build one day.

Good luck in your endeavour. 

Matt

Hey Ian, don't spoil it for the gys, it's a model, they all have fit issues. Harry, enjoy the build, because that is what modelling is all about and after sixty years of kit bashing, I'm enjoying myself more than ever.

I used to in the sumer holidays sit on the threshold of the then Ringway airport now Manchester International. Avro's at Woodford was but a few miles away and the Vulcan B1's resplendant in their anti flash gloss white used to come into Ringway to to do fly-bys, not quite touch and go. Maybe radar callibration flights. It was awsome.

Colin

On 01/01/2017 at 20:41, heloman1 said:

Hey Ian, don't spoil it for the gys, it's a model, they all have fit issues. Harry, enjoy the build, because that is what modelling is all about and after sixty years of kit bashing, I'm enjoying myself more than ever.

I used to in the sumer holidays sit on the threshold of the then Ringway airport now Manchester International. Avro's at Woodford was but a few miles away and the Vulcan B1's resplendant in their anti flash gloss white used to come into Ringway to to do fly-bys, not quite touch and go. Maybe radar callibration flights. It was awsome.

Colin

Wow, I would have loved to be there! 

Thanks for for the luck 

Harry 

Edited by Harrywilliams

1 hour ago, Harrywilliams said:

I'm sorry it seems that emu photos aren't appearing, any suggestions?

Hi! :)

Might I suggest https://postimage.org/

I've used it for around 6 months and I've had no problems with it at all, just upload your pictures and then once uploaded click on "direct link" for each picture and you can just copy and paste the individual links directly onto here.

Kind regards,

Sam

Edited by cathasatail

Hi,

Nice research so far!

Regarding the images, I hope the following is of some help.

1. First of all, ensure that when you upload them they are resized (I think the forum standard is 800x600 but I might be wrong :P

2. img1.pngGo to the image and click on the links button

3. img2.png

Click on the direct link "copy" button

4. img3.png

Just paste the link directly into the box with Ctrl+V

5. img4.png

Normally for me the images then get automatically embedded. *Usually

Again, I hope that helps! :)

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 1

hey Sam, ive been looking at your  Vulcan build and I must say, what an amazing build!! what did you use for the seat belts? I would love to  steal a few ideas from your build !

harry

btw, you and I have the same bed covers....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Harrywilliams said:

hey Sam, ive been looking at your  Vulcan build and I must say, what an amazing build!! what did you use for the seat belts? I would love to  steal a few ideas from your build !

harry

btw, you and I have the same bed covers....

Tamiya tape and scrap plastic ;)

Now that's a coincidence....... O_O

-On another note; it's nice to see a fellow youth getting involved in the great hobby of scale modelling!

Sam

Edited by cathasatail