1/72 Boston, Mosquito, Beaufighter and Blenheim

Morning all and Happy New Year from Canberra.

It's been a little while since my last post in RFI, so here's some photos of the last four models completed for 2016. All 1/72 in case you're wondering. 

By the way, this post has taken about an hour to put together due to the delights of Photobucket. Any suggestions for an alternative that doesn't give me time to start and finish a Lancaster??

First is Airfix's Blenheim If from 226 Squadron at RAF Digby, Lincolnshire, spring 1940...

229%20RAF%20-%20K7181%203_zpsp30fvqrw.jp

229%20RAF%20-%20K7181%202_zpsfqozvnmz.jp

The second ever Mosquito built - W4051 from 1 PRU, RAF Benson, August 1943. This is the Tamiya kit with AlleyCat engine nacelles...

1PRU%20-%20W4051%201_zpsv5izsveg.jpg

1PRU%20-%20W4051%202_zpsnsakdmm2.jpg

An Airfix Beaufighter from 404 Squadron RCAF, RAF Strubby, August 1944...

404%20RCAF%20-%20NE355%20%203_zpsn1jdyyt

404%20RCAF%20-%20NE355%20%201_zps1cmvzes

and finally MPM's Boston III from 88 Squadron, RAF Oulton. This aircraft was piloted by F/Lt Johnny Reeve on the Eindhoven raid, 6 December 1942.

88%20RAF%20-%20AL693%203_zpscqhmcrr9.jpg

88%20RAF%20-%20AL693%205_zpsjxtt0gxz.jpg

Edited by bombernut
  • Like 46

Nice work, Bombernut! I use Flickr instead of Photobucket. It has the great advantage of both working and not bombarding me with ads for Hot Young Singles in MY area -- an alarming prospect. What paints did you use for the Dark Earth/Dark Green?

• Like 4

EXCEPTIONAL collection of iconic British Aircrafts that you have created.

They are MAGNIFICENT  and I AM VERY amazed by your IMPRESSIVE  models and the bases compliment them.

Nice work there too.

BRAVO  :mike::mike:

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 1

Really great models!

I just have a little problem with the Blenheim (first displayed model in this post)

The "dark green "upper surface camouflage colour seems to me to be not a "dark green" but a "'Coastal command" slate green.

Please stop me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Procopius said:

Nice work, Bombernut! I use Flickr instead of Photobucket. It has the great advantage of both working and not bombarding me with ads for Hot Young Singles in MY area -- an alarming prospect. What paints did you use for the Dark Earth/Dark Green?

Thanks, will give Flickr a try. SWMBO may not like the ad for hot young singles, but I don't think I've seen these....!

Whatever, the Boston was done entirely with Testors paints - dark earth, dark green and sky type s.

Cheers, Matt

9 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

EXCEPTIONAL collection of iconic British Aircrafts that you have created.

They are MAGNIFICENT  and I AM VERY amazed by your IMPRESSIVE  models and the bases compliment them.

Nice work there too.

BRAVO  :mike::mike:

Wow, that's some praise! Many thanks, Matt

6 hours ago, polo1112 said:

Really great models!

I just have a little problem with the Blenheim (first displayed model in this post)

The "dark green "upper surface camouflage colour seems to me to be not a "dark green" but a "'Coastal command" slate green.

Please stop me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the compliments - twice! I can see what you mean about the dark green on the Blenheim, but I think it was the light and the angle I took the photo from may have affected the result. At any rate I did use a normal dark green, though I can't remember if it was Testors Model Master dark green or Humbrol H163. I suspect it was the H163.

Cheers, Matt

5 hours ago, woody37 said:

Great collection and your base adds to the photos :)

Thanks Neil. I like the base as well, but I think it needs a post and rail fence behind the trees - the sort Dean Jagger climbs over very early on in "Twelve O'clock High". Must try a few more bases - a good scruffy wet hard stand for Scottish Coastal Command bases to start with...

Cheers, Matt

Very nice collection Matt - good job!

I'll second PC's recommendation for Flickr - much better IMHO. AlexN put me onto using the 'BBCode' option too so that you can choose the size of the image you post and edit out the link if you want to. When you have the image showing from your Photostream, click the share arrow, choose the BBCode tab, choose the size you want from the drop down and then copy and paste the link into your post. You can then cut out the link if you want to (everything after the first '[/url]')

HTH