In Peril 1/32 B17

Folks, Very many thanks for your replies, I'm genuinely overwhelmed.

For anyone who is interested, pending confirmation, she will be on display at the Shropshire show at RAF Cosford on 2nd April hopefully, together with Iain's B17 "A bit o lace" and almost certainly at Telford. 

To answer a few queries, 

, Lazyeagle, The crew are made up of various figures including  master details P47 Pilot figure which comes with alternative white metal heads, with or without goggles face mask etc.

from front to back, Master details bombadier, Nav / front gunner Czech Master 1/35 vietnam door gunner with master details heads, Pilot, Master details P47 Pilot Co Pilot adapted Tamiya Mosquito pilot, Upper gunner spares box arms and torso with Master details head, ball turret gunner (yes there is one in there honest although I wish i hadnt bothered) the same as upper gunner, Radio room and waist gunners again adapted vietnam Czech master figures, rear gunner is a Zveda Russian radio operator as he is kneeling down, with a master details head. 

Cheezburger The base is a screenshot of the outskirts of Wittmund from google earth with the roads and other information turned off. Having made the base i discovered that the screenshot i had chosen shows what looks like a 737 on approach to an airfield. Luckilly this is hidden by the b17 itself, makes for a good "wheres Wally" puzzle when i mention it. 

The kits themselves are both great but at times when I was detailing the interior of the B17 I really did get hung up on the amount required only to find that quite a lot was lost when I closed the fuselage up. It got so bad She almost went to the shelf of doom.

Accomodating the finished build is not too much of an issue as HK really thought through the kits construction, the wings and tailplane are removeable and I wired the motors and stand ins such a way that things are simply unplugged.

I really am glad she turned out so well as at times it was a real labour of love but ultimately worthwhile

Thanks again for the positive replies and keep building. 

Edited by Phartycr0c
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...