1/48 Revell F-16A x4 "Thunderbirds" update 1-2-2017

Arniec

Hi guys,

I will be building a box from Revell with four 1/48 F-16A's in them. They will be build in flight. I will use some Hasegawa pilots for this as well. It will be build straight out of the box.

Here is a link to the box. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/163676-revell-4749-general-dynamics-f-16

I will post some pictures later.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

Gosh Arnold you really do plan to start the year off with a BANG!!! FOUR aircraft...you'll have a production line going on there. At least they're all the same so that will make the build so much easier.

Good luck with your builds, I expect you'll almost be straight into them on the stroke of midnight! Look forward to following these build, they will look nice in the gallery!

• Like 1

Thanks Rich. I think that the decals will take most of the time. And I am also thinking about painting the red and blue parts. That will not be easy, but I think it will look better and more uniform . I will see. The build will need to go fast before the next GB kicks in.

Here are the pictures of the box and content. It is four times the same model  with a stand (like on the front of the box).

I don't know if I will use the base or make one myself. I will see that a little bit later.

IMG_3643_zpsbwx1zkaf.jpg

IMG_3644_zpsaesqqcuv.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 7

Started this build tonight. I have glued the intakes together of all four models.

The fit wasn't to great, but with some lining up and some small modefications it looks better.

Will try to do some pictures tomorrow.

This build has to go fast, before the next GB kicks in. :fraidnot:

Cheers, 

• Like 1

I have done some more work today. I mainly have prepared the cockpit's before painting. The foto's will show what I have done.

Here is a picture of the intakes. I have painted the end of the inlet black, so I can blend it in later when I spray them white. 

IMG_3667_zpsiu9sll0r.jpg

And here is the prepared cockpit's

IMG_3668_zps45ivzkod.jpg

Here are both after painting.

IMG_3671_zpsmp5uetdp.jpg

And while I was buzzy I also painted the top of the four fuselages.

IMG_3673_zpsswgtriso.jpg 

I also did some trials with four Hasegawa pilots. The kit itself is without, witch looks a bit strange when you use the standard for in flight view.

IMG_3669_zpsuuujc4yo.jpg

IMG_3670_zpstbwmvxa3.jpg

The pilot isn't a good fit and has already lost it's feet.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 6

And the production line is still running. Here are some pictures what has been done sins last update.

Here is one of four cockpits finished. It was mainly some decals and some extra paint for the instrument panel.

IMG_3679_zpsqmcpw40p.jpg

And here it is placed inside the fuselage. The fit was quite good.

IMG_3683_zpsojg7a7oc.jpg

I also placed the intake to the underside. There are a few seams, but nothing that can't be fixed.

IMG_3677_zps7kdfo8fh.jpg

And I also closed the wheelbays of. Again the fit wasn't to bad.

IMG_3678_zpsu6n815km.jpg

And the last thing done today is putting the fuselages together. and presto you have a F-16!!!! or Four F-16's!!!!!! :D

IMG_3680_zps0wwloj7z.jpg

Here are the four kit's lying together in harmony.

IMG_3681_zpsdnvgunry.jpg

There will be some filling and cleaning up to do (times four), so that will take some time.

As I don't want to lose all the raised panel lines it will be mostly done with tamiya putty/Mr surfacer 500 and some mr color thinner.

Cheers,

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, -Neu- said:

Yeah! that's quite a move on those kits! is there a slot for the base to be inserted into the planes? 

There is no slot, but there is a small u shaped platform where you put the models on. That is also movable.

I am not going to use it. This way it will take up a lot of space. I have a thought in my mind about a base, but I still need to make it. That will be almost done after the build.

Cheers,

14 hours ago, Arniec said:

Here are the four kit's lying together in harmony.

IMG_3681_zpsdnvgunry.jpg

There will be some filling and cleaning up to do (times four), so that will take some time.

As I don't want to lose all the raised panel lines it will be mostly done with tamiya putty/Mr surfacer 500 and some mr color thinner.

Cheers,

They won't be flying in harmony for too much longer in that formation!

I am in awe of the work you are doing, 4 x everything is nuts, brilliant, but nuts!

cheers,

Pappy

p.s what formation will these be displayed in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pappy said:

They won't be flying in harmony for too much longer in that formation!

I am in awe of the work you are doing, 4 x everything is nuts, brilliant, but nuts!

cheers,

Pappy

p.s what formation will these be displayed in?

I think I will try to do a split when they are vertical.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

mmmm that special smoke, full of rainbows...... :hypnotised:

I think you have been eating to much from that special Dutch cake. Hahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pappy said:

I think a downwards bomb burst would look awesome, but upwards works as well,

Will there be coloured smoke?

Pappy

There will be smoke, but it will be white. Can't remember if the Thunderbirds ever used coloured smoke except white.

Cheers,

7 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Wow, great idea! All 4 looking great so far, I admire your patience to take 4 on at once!

David. 

Well, they are quite easy to build. In the version with the wheels up I think that there are no more than 30 parts in every F-16.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a update what has been done sins last update.

It was mainly painting the pilots. It isn't perfect, but good enough for this build.

Here are some pictures of the pilots.

IMG_3699_zpsncaqpnfl.jpg

IMG_3700_zpsihoh3wp7.jpg

And here is a pilot sitting on it's seat.

IMG_3701_zpsm3bhgifh.jpg

And the first kit with some more parts on.

IMG_3702_zpsipitgs8h.jpg

There are now three done. I hope to do the last one this week, so I can put some paint on.

Then I still need to think about the standard to put them on.

Cheers,