1/48 - MiG-25RB "Foxbat-B" by ICM - released - new Foxbot decals - MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F" conv. set by Cold War Studio

Homebee

On 9/15/2017 at 7:10 AM, ya-gabor said:

We wish for a lot of things, like right now (at 08 AM) I would love to have a full Brit breakfast but will have to do with a traditional continental one here in Hungary. :winkgrin:

Superb! Yours will still be much better than an English Hotel's idea of a continental breakfast though.

Good explanation of the different 2 seaters BTW Thank You for that.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, Homebee said:
On 4/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, Homebee said:

No automatic alt text available.

Last weekend at the Moson show Stenka from Cold War Studios has shown me these parts. They look good for a BM conversion. Still there are few things which need adjusting, I have sent him some additional info to help but it will be a good conversion for the ICM kit into a BM. So with all the other nose parts from CWS now you have a full range of recce/bomber versions built around the ICM kit!

Best regards

Gabor

On 4/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, SleeperService said:

Superb! Yours will still be much better than an English Hotel's idea of a continental breakfast though.

Hi Buffoon,

This is exactly why when in UK I always have a full Brit brekfast!!! :D  :D   :D   :D 

(there are strange ideas by hotels and BandB places (not only in UK) of what is exactly a continental breakfast is!)

Best regards

Gabor

• Haha 1

Hi Foxbot,

Good luck to ICM with every new version of the MiG-25 kit that they want to do! So look forward to any kit they do in the future. The question is in the word "FUTURE". When it will be? No one knows. The Cold War Studio set is close to complition and it will be around very soon. 

Modellers are strange, there is a cast of modellers who always want to build a new kit or new version as soon as it comes out or simply be the very first who builds a given version.

I believe there is market for both a resin set (at the moment) and for a full plastic kit somewhere in the future. People who want to build the BM version now, will have an opportunity for this with the CWS set. Otheres will wait for ICM. (I just hope that ICM will do something about the completely wrong cross section on the back of the kit, I mean the long, perfectly semicircular duct on the spine of the real Foxbat which on the kit is very strangely shaped. As well as about the compartment behind the cockpit). 

Looking back a few years, do you remember when AMK announced that they will do within a year all sorts of versions of the MiG-25 while the ICM kit was also announced. A lot of modellers have said that they prefer and will wait for the AMK Foxbat. The rest of the story is history now!  How many years ago all this happend??? How many AMK MiG-25 kits we have in our stash???

I believe in what is now and what is here ( well almost here). I will believe, and will want to see the AMK MiG-25 when it is released. But for the moment we havent even seen the F-14 . . .  When was it annouced???

Best regards

Gabor 

• Like 1

As long as I'm breathing and ICM release them their Foxbats are the best around. 

I'm quite keen to see how these develop further (1/72 ditto), but most of all want bronze LG for the 1/48 editions. 

Tony

1 minute ago, foxbot said:

Hi ya-gabor!

I am only wanted to give information. Each modeller let's decide himself what to do.

Thanks, it is excellent to have such back ground information. Anything you know please share with us. It is very difficult to know what is happening with ICM or Modelsvit.

As I have said, look forward very much to any ICM new Foxbats!!!!!!!!

Shame that the new PD version was not available last weekend at Moson. I would have been a buyer for it. I guess still too early. As far as I know it has been only out few days . . .

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Thanks, it is excellent to have such back ground information. Anything you know please share with us. It is very difficult to know what is happening with ICM or Modelsvit.

I know a lot of news, but I have no right to tell. :wonder:

10 hours ago, foxbot said:

New box-art without Guards Ribbon:

sbornaya-model-samoleta-mig-25pd-1-48-ic

It is good to see that they did corrections to the box art and removed details which were "inherited" from the MiG-31 photo which was used as basis for the original box art.

- The MiG-31 type gun is gone from its right side,

- the outer pylon was corrected,

- the inner pylons leading edge also corrected,

- the extra overwing fence removed,

- the fin top antennas on the outer side removed,

- right colour added here and there,

- nose corrected . . .

The only problem with the ribbon was that it was in a wrong place on the Mk.2 version of the box art. I think it should be there on the art work but further down and to the back as visible on the photos of the original.

Remember this was the Mk.2 version with some "problems" pointed out

I6TsJc9.jpg

Good to see that ICM did listen to comments and corrected the art work! OK it is only a box top art work but still . . . 

Some manufacturers automatically say to such commnets either:

- nothing

- "no, we are right, the kit is good"

- "we made the kit to the right scale" everyone else is wrong

- "this is only a minor problem"

- . . . 

I just hope that they do correct some of the plastic parts also.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

So Blue 56 from the box top is not even included???

Strange, but not a problem.

But why? Light blue 20 named “50th anniversary of October”, Blue 86 named “60th anniversary of the Komsomol”... You need Blue 56 like in the box too? 🤔

35 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

So Blue 56 from the box top is not even included???

Strange, but not a problem.

Best regards

Gabor 

Those are the FOXBOT decals for the ICM FOXBAT kit. 

And I will buy a set! 

Tony

Wonder what decals ICM have had made? That's the bit we haven't seen yet.

I have a kit on its way from the Ukraine and am really looking forward to its arrival. Is there anyone local who can tell us?

Tony

• 1 month later...

MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F" resin conversion set in progress by Cold War Studio - ref. CWS48008

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ColdWarStudiodetails/photos/a.1043831749046693.1073741830.673308706099001/1704330866330108/?type=3&theater

The master of the MiG-25 BM conversion in 1/48 scale for the ICM kit is ready and goes for casting.

34385050.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

Not sure I'd splash out on a BM conversion set.  ICM seem to be covering the major variants and the most obvious choice for a future release; I'd almost be more surprised if they didn't announce one within the next year or so.  

The masters look nice, but unless I needed one TODAY, I'd be inclined to wait and see.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, ya-gabor said:

It is good to see that they did corrections to the box art and removed details which were "inherited" from the MiG-31 photo which was used as basis for the original box art.

- The MiG-31 type gun is gone from its right side,

- the outer pylon was corrected,

- the inner pylons leading edge also corrected,

- the extra overwing fence removed,

- the fin top antennas on the outer side removed,

- right colour added here and there,

- nose corrected . . .

The only problem with the ribbon was that it was in a wrong place on the Mk.2 version of the box art. I think it should be there on the art work but further down and to the back as visible on the photos of the original.

Remember this was the Mk.2 version with some "problems" pointed out

I6TsJc9.jpg

Good to see that ICM did listen to comments and corrected the art work! OK it is only a box top art work but still . . . 

Some manufacturers automatically say to such commnets either:

- nothing

- "no, we are right, the kit is good"

- "we made the kit to the right scale" everyone else is wrong

- "this is only a minor problem"

- . . . 

I just hope that they do correct some of the plastic parts also.

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor,

Sorry, I'm a bit lost or maybe slow (probably the latter)......Are you saying that the kit that is contained in the MiG-25PD boxing with 'Blue 56' sporting the 'Guards Ribbon' marking on the intake is wrong and that the corrected kit is in a new boxing with the MiG-25PD shown WITHOUT the Guards Ribbon marking ?. This is the way I read it. Maybe I need to check the contents of my kit this evening to be sure. Anyway, thanks for the information - I am no expert on the MiG-25 Foxbat variants so everything is helpful to me. 

Mark

Hi Mark,

It has nothing to do with the plastic! The only problem was with the box art, (the first version they did, which was basically a "touch-up" of a MiG-31 photo). Based on images of the kit which went to shops it is visible that the manufacture did make changes to the art work. Still not perfect but who cares till the plastic inside is good. :D Well I actually I do care for the box art and this is why I made a comment in the first place. 

Best regards

Gabor

• 2 weeks later...

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/ColdWarStudiodetails/posts/1728779973885197

https://www.facebook.com/ColdWarStudiodetails/posts/1740853406011187

The first resin castings of the new MiG-25 BM arrived this morning. The PE set with the pylon intakes will be ready next week. The set will be released together with parachute release actuator.

35971890.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee