1/48 - MiG-25RB "Foxbat-B" by ICM - released - new Foxbot decals - MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F" conv. set by Cold War Studio

Homebee

After the RBT (thread here:  link), ICM is to release in Q3 2017 a 1/48th MiG-25RB "Foxbat-B" (new variant - photo reconnaissance and bomber) kit - ref.48902

Sources:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48902

http://scalemodels.ru/news/11036-katalog-ICM-2017-god.html

Mi_G_25_RB.jpg

And, for the moment no trace, of future interceptor MiG-25P/PD/PDS variants kit... 

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

wow!

so this is the earlier Rb (no extended intake lip) with the later style nose fairing.... or do I miss something here?

with weapons load out!

no nuke though....

wonder if Iraqi Foxbat used this load out configuration when bombing Iran during the respective 80ies war.

the above load out looks exactly like the propotype/ testing pictures that are available.

are there any pictures of live load out out there?? were??

thanks!

Edited by exdraken

Released: http://www.icm.com.ua/news/497-mig-25-rb-soviet-reconnaissance-plane.html

New nose, air intakes, bombs and pylons. Great.

At bigH: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM48902

1503301969_48902_web-en2.jpg

MiG-25 RB, Soviet Reconnaissance PlaneMiG-25 RB, Soviet Reconnaissance Plane

MiG-25 RB, Soviet Reconnaissance Plane

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 2017. 06. 23. at 3:24 PM, exdraken said:

are there any pictures of live load out out there?? were??

There are several photos of live bombs loaded onto RB. If I am right the photos were taken by Yefim Gordon on a visit in mid 90's. (Yes, he did take pictures himself back in those days . . . :winkgrin:

It was published in several MiG-25 books. 

Best regards

Gabor

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

There are several photos of live bombs loaded onto RB. If I am right the photos were taken by Yefim Gordon on a visit in mid 90's. (Yes, he did take pictures himself back in those days . . . :winkgrin:

It was published in several MiG-25 books. 

Best regards

Gabor

thanks, 

which book exactly please? I have several of Yefim Gordon...

there are always these prototype bomb loads, that also the ICM renders and plastic parts seem to use

mig25rb_1.jpg

http://testpilot.ru/russia/mikoyan/mig/25/rb/images/mig25rb_1.jpg

and why put those wing mounted bombs not in tandem? would be better drag wise, no?

According to  http://www.16va.be/3.4_la_reco_part4_eng.html (see Note 5) tandem  bomb rack would be more common on line jet.

Quote:

"The MiG-25RB, RBV, RBK and RBS could initially be equipped with four MBDZ-U2 bomb racks (two under the fuselage and two under the wings, with two bombs hung side by side under each MBDZ-U2) for a total of four tons of bombs. However, the maximum load was quickly limited to two tons of bombs attached under the fuselage due to the stress on the airframe. The simple adoption of modified MBDZ-U2TK bomb racks for the wings made it possible to lift this restriction. Hanging the bombs in tandem under the new racks and also use of a different drop sequence were enough to allow a four-ton bomb load. MiG-25RBT, RBSh and RBF could carry five tons of bombs thanks to a third MBDZ-U2 attached under the fuselage. "

And also:

Quote:

"It should be emphasized that, in order to withstand a supersonic flight regime, the bombs had to be an adapted variant able to withstand a temperature of 300°C as did the aircraft airframe. The maximum bomb load with FAB-250M-62T or FAB-500M-62T and AT (T for Termostoykaya - heat-resistant) varied depending on the MiG-25 version (5). A bomb dropped from an altitude of 20 km at a speed of Mach 2.35 (2500 km/h) reached its target at a range of 38.8 km after a ballistic trajectory lasting 76 seconds. A 500-kg bomb exploding at impact caused a crater 2.5 meters deep with a diameter of 4.5 meters; the shrapnel burst covered a radius of 870 meters. When the explosion was delayed for 26 seconds, it caused a crater 2.7 meters deep with a larger diameter of 12.5 meters. The radius of destruction was reduced to 435 meters. An impact within 800 meters from the target was considered good with the Peleng-DM. This figure was cut in half with the Peleng-2. Everything depended on the nature of the target (for example an oil complex as was the case during the Iran-Iraq war) and the intensity of the bombardment."

In book "Iraqi Fighters - 1953-2003: Camouflage & Markings"  by Brig. Gen. Ahmad SADIK & Tom COOPER, Harpia Publishing, ISBN 978-0-615-21414-6 there are two pictures of Iraqi MI-25RBT wing with mounted tandem MBDZ-U2TK bomb rack, and also in text there are description of bombing missions over Iran. Configuration on this type of missions was same as explained on website above.

4 x FAB-500M-62T on tandem wing rack and under fuselage drop tank, or 4 x FAB-500M-62T on wing tandem bomb rack, and 4 x FAB-500M-62T under fuselage on MER.

In Yefim Gordon book about MIg-25 there is a drawing of tandem MBDZ-U2TK wing rack.

I see  a job for aftermarket company here....

• Like 3

Thanks Zagor!

Lots of info here!

Will have a look at the book!

I even have it already ;)

I wonder why there is so little material out there.....

Edited by exdraken

Bought the original ICM RBT boxing and the Revell RBT reboxing and am mooching over this - don't need the bombs but it seems it has the new nose parts and brand new intake tops. Hmmm 

Guess it's a case of buy this too and maybe mod the original ICM kit into one of the recce types without the peep'oles.

tony 

Edited by tony.t
clarity
  • Like 1

Hi,

Wich kit is better in order to convert it into a camouflaged RBF usong CWS nose?

ICM/Revell RBT with long intakes?

Or ICM RB with short intakes?

I can't see very well on RBF pictures...

For the RBF you'd need the ICM/Revell RBT with the long intakes and the RWR fairings. I used the CWS RBT nose, but I converted the RBF palette myself. I filled the camera ports with Milliput sanded smooth and scribed the sensor panel lines (2 on each side, one underneath), which took maybe a day's work.

xfvNYOEl.jpg

cfcoj6zl.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Linden Hill said:

For the RBF you'd need the ICM/Revell RBT with the long intakes and the RWR fairings. I used the CWS RBT nose, but I converted the RBF palette myself. I filled the camera ports with Milliput sanded smooth and scribed the sensor panel lines (2 on each side, one underneath), which took maybe a day's work.

xfvNYOEl.jpg

cfcoj6zl.jpg

So in effect any kit but the ICM RBT kit.

The RB kit seems to have all parts included.

Nice model by the way @Linden Hill!

Edited by exdraken

• 3 weeks later...

Our sample has landed, and I'm looking at it (out of the corner of my eye so as not to affect my typing) at the moment.  I'm also looking forward to the 2-seaters.  They're so ugly it hurts, but I want one :wub:

• Like 2

On 2017. 09. 13. at 10:35 PM, Radleigh said:

Are we actually getting a twin seater?

I would cool down any overheated expectations for new versions from ICM. This is part of a Mythology that was built up by some “Wish list makers”. In no way was any follow up kit announced by ICM till now! We wish for a lot of things, like right now (at 08 AM) I would love to have a full Brit breakfast but will have to do with a traditional continental one here in Hungary. :winkgrin:

Seriously out of the present kit, with little blood only the MiG-25RU two seater version could be made by ICM (if ever). A new nose, plus ejection seat, additional cockpit details, canopy . . .

It would be much easier for ICM to make an RBF / RBK nose section with rework of the present plastic and adding a new instrument panel. The RBS could also be an option.

To make a MiG-25PU would need a brand new fuselage since it was the derivative of the interceptor P version! This is something that is not taken into account by most modellers, for them a two seater Foxbat is a two seater.

The interceptor version is even further away: new nose, new wings, hopefully new fuselage were the spine cross section is corrected together with the after cockpit section. But then again the question would be which particular version would they make: the early MiG-25P, the modernised MiG-25PD or PDS . . .

For the moment we have to do with the current two version, or to be more precise also with RBF! :thumbsup: My new nose is in the post from Cold War Studios so a camo version should be in production if I am finished with other things including my continental breakfast. :D

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I would cool down any overheated expectations for new versions from ICM. This is part of a Mythology that was built up by some “Wish list makers”. In no way was any follow up kit announced by ICM 

Plus confusion with the Kitty Hawk Foxbat, I suspect.  Kitty Hawk have tooled parts for the two-seater, and should eventually release it.  ICM haven't announced any future plans for their kit.

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

New Foxbot decals for Foxbat!

Source: http://www.greenmats.club/topic/4655-украинские-миг-25/?do=findComment&comment=63329

- ref. 48-036 - Ukrainian Foxbats: MiG-25RB for ICM kit

FD-48-026-01.thumb.jpg.22cbc4f898c718cfacb86cafd0f6d80c.jpg FD-48-026-02.thumb.jpg.28bcb249f67615f4dfe46990b718bffb.jpg FD-48-026-03.thumb.jpg.9e1f9c053d91f9860e7b3a310d07e901.jpgFD-48-026-04.thumb.jpg.831485b6bf8f8b8f36a75f64cb2b04e7.jpg 

V.P.

Nice!

Anyone knows if these are real RBs or mor something in between RBs an RBTS and else...?

Oara brake housing, intake lips, probably somethings more... who knows exactly?

MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F" resin conversion set in progress by Cold War Studio - ref. CWS48008

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/ColdWarStudiodetails/posts/1664944220268773

http://www.coldwarstudio.com/MiG-25 BM conversion set for the ICM kit in 1/48 scale product/

No automatic alt text available.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3