1/32 Trumpeter Su-25A in Afghanistan

My only build for 2016, Trumpeters 1/32 Su-25A. I really struggled to find references for an Afghanistan based aircraft so a lot of it is informed guessing!

Completed using Aires cockpit, Master pitots, Quickboost antenna and airscoops, Armory wheels and some of the Eduard exterior photoetch. Painted with Mr Hobby and Tamiya paints with MRP for the cockpit. Ammo Panel Line wash was used for a lot of the 'grime' effect.

The kit overall is really nice, the fit is excellent although the halves of the fuselage and nacelles bow inwards slightly

I can't comment on the accuracy but there's some bits I wasn't a fan of, I didn't like the fact that the airbrakes, flaps and slats are all molded in the extended position and it was quite a bit of effort to get these all retracted cleanly.

I altered the kit fuel tanks to have the smaller tanks more often seen in combat photos, added the very prominent brake lines to the undercarriage and closed all of the bay doors, which again, the kit gives you as all open and I wanted mine all closed. Brass pipe was used to add several of the pipes and vents on the underside of the engines.

The aftermarket was mostly excellent however I really didn't like the Armory bits. The pitots were soft and bent so I returned them and used the excellent metal and resin Master item. The front wheel was way too big for the kit so I've used the kit item.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: aeroplane