1:72 Zvezda MiG-21bis Hungarian Air Force circa 1983

That really stands out of the crowd, a fantastic job on this one. I also thought it is in 1/48.  weathering and fading of the colours is proffessional. Whooow! 

Alll the best

Andy 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darren Rhodes said:

Thanks for the rear fuselage WIP photos, clarifies that you deepened the fuselage rather than widened it - which is what I thought, but wasn't sure! 

Darren

You're absolutely right -the opening post has been amended.

22 hours ago, NontasB said:

Very very nice looking Mig-21!!! Excellent finish!!

Cheers Nontas!

18 hours ago, Plastikschrottler said:

Thanks for the In Progress pics. Looks like some effort, but the result certainly justified it.

Thank you Joerg -yes it was basically a fight against the laws of plastic :blink:

18 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

That really stands out of the crowd, a fantastic job on this one. I also thought it is in 1/48.  weathering and fading of the colours is proffessional. Whooow!

Thank you for that Andy!

13 hours ago, MartinSK said:

Very nice and realistic looking Mig-21, as was written it looks like in 1/48 scale...well done!

Thanks Martin.

2 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

With th the many MiG-21s I've built, I've overlooked the Warsaw Pact countries a bit, so I should build a few Czech, Hungarian, polish etc ones. 

Cheers Ryan - the reason I chose the Hungarian one is the possibility to display it on a grass surface (a project for a later date). Hungarians had semi-annual summer excursions of about a week to predetermined grass airfields near their main bases. Soviet air forces based in-country did the same.

Jay

Amazing build Jay! Always a pleasure to see the venerable MiG-21 in 72nd and that too with such finesse. Your paint-job is marvellous, as is the detailing of the rivets and panel lines. The kit does look more the part with the beefed up exhaust too. Good catch on that one. The open cockpit is also just wow!

The perfect end to 2016 for you! :)

All the very best to you in 2017, and looking forward to all the models to come off your bench!

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 1