Whirlwind HAR 10 - anyone know of good plans ?

hendie

I may sometime in the near future be attempting to beat an old Revel Sikorsky H19 into something resembling a Whirlwind HAR 10.

Does anybody know where I could get a copy of some decent HAR 10 plans ?  Scale doesn't matter as I can resize anything provided the resolution of the originals are halfway decent.  (For reference, I will be doing this in 1/48)

even better if the HAR 10 has this type of filter fitted to the front end

Oooh! The ugliest Whirlwind ever. I have 2 sitting in the stash, but no drawings. One will be a Yellow SAR bird, and the other a Yellow and Sky RN plane guard.

You might finding something with these guys.

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/index.htm

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Aviation News  01 16  ident

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Aviation News  06 17  article  84 sqn Cyprus

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Airfix  196709kit conversion article  Airfix drawing

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Air Pictorial  197006  article  Cyprus

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Air International  198012  article  sqn 84

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Aircraft Illustrated  198108  article  sqn 84 Cyprus

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  le Fanatique de L'Aviation  198109  article  84 sqn

WestlandWhirlwind HAR.10  Airfix  201509  article

• Like 2

Hendie that Warpaint production has several rather good Carauna* drawings of the HAR10 and on page 43 two pictures of the Far East based HAR10s which had received attention from the "Ugly Stick" we Black Country based chaps heard so much about

April 68 to Aug 72

Hmm I do remember seeing pictures

All that dayglo, Silver undersides and Dark Sea Grey and Olive camouflage, got to be done mate

*I have heard Carauna Drawings castigated on occasion but I have a decent picture of my old CO from the RAFVR, ATC Flight Lieutenant Boss, ten of our cadets and myself very close to the HAR10 of 202Sqn at Leconfield in the seventies

All the panels and gubbinses on the skin of the airframe are faithfully presented on the drawings so I declare them OK for my purposes

Warpaint Sikorsky S55 /H19 Chickasaw and Westland Whirlwind is the one to look for

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

I have scanned the Aeromodeller and Aviation News drawings. Here is the link to them. If anyone has a copy of Airfix Magazine September 1967, I would appreciate a high res scan of the article.

John

http://s197.photobucket.com/user/JJELLIS_PHOTO/library/WHIRLWIND?sort=3&page=1

Edited by JOHN ELLIS
added a request
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Julien said:

I did a walkaround of the HAR.10s at Weston, Norwich & Flixston if they help;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234979030-westland-ws-55-whirlwind-royal-air-force-variants/

Julien

Please be aware on the link above,   if you are building a folded rotor aircraft that that the rear facing folded blade on the yellow flixton aircraft has fallen out of its red  mounting and is hanging down the side of the tailboom.  The Weston aircraft shows the correct folding mount point.

Selwyn