Hiller HT-2 1/48 Model kit

davepb

As near as I can tell, the obvious differences between the HT Mk 2 and earlier versions were minimal. In 1/72 scale, you can build the Special Hobby kit, put Royal navy markings on it, and get away with calling it an HT.2. In 1/48, I'm afraid it is a case of "If you want it, scratch it," to the best of my knowledge.

17 hours ago, davepb said:

OK, so now for the next question :-

Has anyone got some decent drawings/plans of the HT-2? I seem to remember a scratch-build effort at SMW some years ago.

I think that must have been mine. As far as I can remember after all these years, I was forced to enlarge a general arrangement drawing from the AP to 1/48 scale using the known dimensions of the real aircraft and pretty much wing it from there. I am not aware of any commercial plans that have become available since then.

Martian

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I think that must have been mine. As far as I can remember after all these years, I was forced to enlarge a general arrangement drawing from the AP to 1/48 scale using the known dimensions of the real aircraft and pretty much wing it from there. I am not aware of any commercial plans that have become available since then.

Martian

Thanks Martian, now for the next question ( bit like Mastermind isn't it?) where to get hold of a copy of the AP.

Yeovilton have one and probably the National Archives as well. There is an outside chance that I have a spare copy of the plan I made although this will be buried deep in the loft.

Martian

Thanks Martin, I've got a couple of manuals on-line, I'll see how that Goes!

I remember seeing an HT-2 parked across the road from ASWE on Portsdown Hill in the early seventies, never did find out what it was doing there,.