Dinky's Pocher Lamborghini Huracan

Dinky

I'll post a picture of the metal part that is bent when I get to work.

As for kpnuts....I built the Ducati and the Aventador, zero issues with these models. The Ducati is a work of art. Beautiful.

My problems are with the Huracan, and it seems every one elses problems are too!

Just to second most of what's been said about the Aventador, mine went together with no issues although I did have 2 missing parts. I'm beginning to suspect that something dodgy is going on with the packers in the factory, if you know what I mean.........

Not sure what this piece is called....hopefully the photos are enough to give you an idea. It's out of shape, not symmetrical like it should be. The bent piece is quite thin, so I don't want to attempt to realign it as it may get worse, or even break...

See what I mean?

Now this piece was firmly packed and supported by Styrofoam, it couldn't have been damaged in transit, it was damaged at the place of packaging. Either before packaging or during packaging...

NivlYJc.jpg

xJCmSAY.jpg

Na1WwoJ.jpg

lo....yes the crooked metal piece. Took a few photos trying to highlight the "crookedness" of it...

The lightning cable is also borked, I guess.

Tried to save the already falling apart cable by wrapping it with the good ol' "pen spring" thingy!

12 hours ago, silver911 said:

I would say get a Ducati....but I am having a lot of issues with fit etc., ....so scrub that idea lol

LOL, I share your experience with the Ducati. I had to request some spares for it.

10 hours ago, Mikeymo said:

See what I mean?

Now this piece was firmly packed and supported by Styrofoam, it couldn't have been damaged in transit, it was damaged at the place of packaging. Either before packaging or during packaging

Interesting, its out of shape but not as much as the one I had.

Its impossible that it happen during transport, this piece is really hard. It still sucks, I would request a spare if thatch the only issue. And in the meantime you can also try to bend it back.
It probably brakes, as there is almost no flexibility in the metal.

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me with ETA on spares, if any at all.

Yeah, it's not as bad as your bent part, but for the money this cost...there should be NO bent parts at all.

The more and more I think on this, the more and more I think this will be a collector's item one day :)

So perhaps I should persist and wait for parts.

• Like 1

I completely agree, for this amount of money everything should be perfectly fine.

If everything else is good I would keep it.
And you might be right, this might become collectors item some day. If Hornby proceed like this they will go bankrupt soon.

By the way Hornby's response is not that fast so I would start building if I was you ;-)

2 hours ago, sharknose156 said:

This means there is hope that the problems will be solved !  

and the Mercedes gullwing may be produced !

I very much doubt the problems will be solved in terms of quality of parts....the re-tooling costs would be prohibitive....and would leave the new owners with a start up loss.

As for current issues of missing/damaged parts....unless the new owners are going to open every box they have received from Hornby....then until existing stock is sold and a new run of kits produced....we won't know for sure.

As for the 'Gull wing'...that is being marketed by 'Eagle Moss'.....so will never arrive from Pocher

Rfk2002, Rich, told me that Autograph Models has a survey going asking what car you would like to see as the next new Pocher release. 

I'm of the opinion that it should be an older car rather than a new super car. As we've seen in the Aventador and Huracan, there's not much opportunity to show details especially, in the engine area. I'd like to see something more on the lines of a Type 57 Bugatti or the like. 

5 hours ago, silver911 said:

As for the 'Gull wing'...that is being marketed by 'Eagle Moss'.....so will never arrive from Pocher

Silver,

isn't a Gullwing supposed to be coming from Pocher ? i am on a waiting list at the shop here in Lausanne.

Larchiefeng,  yes another oldie would be great

14 minutes ago, sharknose156 said:

Silver,

isn't a Gullwing supposed to be coming from Pocher ? i am on a waiting list at the shop here in Lausanne.

Larchiefeng,  yes another oldie would be great

It was (the Gull Wing Merc) originally due for release by Pocher/Hornby.....but due to Hornby's financial and production problems....Eagle Moss took it over and are marketing it as we speak!

https://www.eaglemoss.com/de-de/modelle-modellbau/ihr-modellbausatz-mercedes-300sl/

I would be inclined to ask for a refund if you have made a deposit....and would certainly ask the shop why they are not aware of the situation.

There have been several disagreements over whether this is in fact the same kit....and one particular guy has stated he saw the original...and they are most certainly the same product!

Regards

Ron

• Like 1

My understanding is that it is the same kit but Pocher couldn't take it over until the Eaglemoss subscription based distribution was completed. Now Hornby no longer has Pocher and with all the problems with the Huracan I think that the 300 SL is a dead deal and the new owners are looking to produce a completely new kit. I don't think that I would be pre-paying for any Pocher kit at this time until they can prove themselves to be able to meet a deadline. 

Anyone with any other info? 

3 minutes ago, larchiefeng said:

My understanding is that it is the same kit but Pocher couldn't take it over until the Eaglemoss subscription based distribution was completed. Now Hornby no longer has Pocher and with all the problems with the Huracan I think that the 300 SL is a dead deal and the new owners are looking to produce a completely new kit. I don't think that I would be pre-paying for any Pocher kit at this time until they can prove themselves to be able to meet a deadline. 

Anyone with any other info? 

The information I was given by a shop over here was that the original design and some tooling was the property of Hornby....and once their financial difficulties became known....Eagle Moss purchased the rights for a subscription marketing/sales.

We can only go by what scant information is available to us through the net or dealers I guess.

Ron

Eaglemoss had the Merc kit years before Pocher even mentioned it.

It was a part-work in different parts of Europe and it has completed some time ago. It started in 2012.

There is a full build thread (in German) of the kit here:

http://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=42551&pageNo=1

Pocher were going to 're-box' the Eaglemoss kit, create new instructions and then release it.

Vastly cheaper than completely tooling a new and different kit.

Hornby's woes pulled the plug, so Eaglemoss have now released the partwork in France.

Someone on another forum emailed EM to see if the part work will come to the UK at some time and the reply was a definitive NO.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

Eaglemoss had the Merc kit years before Pocher even mentioned it.

It was a part-work in different parts of Europe and it has completed some time ago. It started in 2012.

There is a full build thread (in German) of the kit here:

http://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=42551&pageNo=1

Pocher were going to 're-box' the Eaglemoss kit, create new instructions and then release it.

Vastly cheaper than completely tooling a new and different kit.

Hornby's woes pulled the plug, so Eaglemoss have now released the partwork in France.

Someone on another forum emailed EM to see if the part work will come to the UK at some time and the reply was a definitive NO.

Nice one Roy.....that sounds like the definitive answer.....clears it all up nicely :)

Ron

Okay, I have contacted the local supplier here in Australia, and they have said they're contacting THEIR supplier....but they're not very good with communication.

However, I contacted Hornby directly. Sent them photos last night and a long email about how dissatisfied I am...they followed up with an email requesting my address, so I can only assume that means they're sending me replacement parts.

Hopefully that doesn't take too long.

This is good news, because I did really want to build this kit, however I put it all back in the box preparing to send it back.....seems that I might not have to send it back.

Will give you guys more updates as they come through.

Given the timezone difference, I won't hear from Hornby until tonight, I'll ask for an ETA on the parts....so when I get home from work I can unbox it AGAIN and start to prepare the crappy plastic parts for painting!

Yay!

Having said all that.....I'll not be buying another Pocher kit. I've got three now. That'll do me. Not investing large amounts of money into headaches.

Next kits I'm buying will be the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carerra.

8 hours ago, silver911 said:

Yes, but they do not sell in every country. Strangly enough they may sell their subscriptions in Germany but not in Holland. Don't understand their marketing filosophy.

I agree with Roy regarding EM having the subscription way before Pocher mentioned it to be a future model.

Some time ago I also asked the company whether a subscription in Holland would be possible. Same answer: NO

Edited by Pouln