F-84G Thunderjet "Four Queens" - Tamiya 1/72 (Ready to paint)

Ale85

Hello guys,

a lot of time is passed from my last attempt to post a wip here on BM. Now, it's time to try again! I choose the Tamiya's 1/72nd scale F-84 Thunderjet. I'ts a greta kit, with a small amount of pieces and very easy to assemble. I will madethe classic "Four queens". Not so much original, but a very colourful aircraft. It will be my second effort with the NM finish. This is the real thing

four_queens.jpg

(Photo: Us Air Force) 

And this is the kit: a scale down of the Tamiya's masterpiece in 48th scale. I'll build my model strictly OOB.

boxart.jpg

Today i start to assembly some parts, tomorrow i will post some news. Time to put hand to airbrush and piant the fisrt details (cockpit, seat, etc.)

ciao

Ale

Edited by Ale85
  • Like 2

So, let the music play!

First of all, i painted the interior of the intake. I used the alluminium by xtreme metal (the same that i will use for the final paint). Those products are amazing, i love them!

IMG_9716.jpg

Then i start with to cockpit: first i gave a coat o f Tamiya's Nato Black. After i gave a coat of very thinned H58 interior green by Gunze. I have loto of work in "special effects" to do. 

IMG_9717.jpg

For the IP i used the kit's decal. Looks nice for me!

IMG_9718.jpg

That's all for now! I will post soon another update!

This kit is a gem and really funny to build.

ciao

Ale

• Like 1

Here we go!

First of alla the seat: i used the kit decals for the seat belts instead of buy a Eduard's zoom fret. I prefered to save money and take one more beer with my friends! :D 

sedile.jpg

The red head rest is a little licence, the real things is green but the red one gave to the pit a bit of color.

The model is almost fully builded and ready for receive his extreme metal finish. 

montato.jpg

Hope to start the painting session soon

ciao

Ale

• Like 3

Almost ready to paint! Tomorrow i hope to give it the metal coat. By the way, i start to paint the smallest details such as the wheel bays (primed with Nato black and coated with very thinned XF-4 zinch chromate), landing gears and wheels (X-11), anterior landing gear covers and airbrake (H-23 shine red by Gunze)

IMG_9883.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

ciao

Ale