Airfix 1/72 Henschel Hs 126

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Congratulations Greg

Many of us have one of these stalled on the shelf of doom, seeing yours should motivate many of us to rescue it to try to emulate what you have achieved. Happy Hogmanay when it comes. :cheers:

cheers Pat

Cheers Pat, and a happy hogmanay to you too when it arrives. Thanks for the thumbs up. Cheers Greg

I have the Revell boxing of the Matchbox version, as I'm reliving my youth with these older kits, (when 

I get around to it,)

Sean

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Thanks Michael! It turned out better than I expected. Usually the whitewash effect doesn't work well for me but this one looks not too bad. Cheers Greg

Indeed Greg - I really like this early WWII plane and you did it justice.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sean said:

I have the Revell boxing of the Matchbox version, as I'm reliving my youth with these older kits, (when 

I get around to it,)

Sean

I think did the Matchbox one back in the day. It's a nice kit. Get it out and build it up, you'll love it ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking build Greg and quality paintwork,great to see old Airfix kit's presented so well.

Thanks Steve. The old Airfix kits are simplistic but great in outline. Nice relaxing builds that are lots of fun. Cheers Greg

45 minutes ago, Billydick said:

Great stuff Greg ! Takes me back a good few years ... lets hope one day they will consider re-tooling it :)

BillyD

Thanks BillyD glad you liked it, cheers Greg

12 hours ago, old thumper said:

I certainly do, and will probably build it in North African camo for the Matchbox group build.

Sounds good! I need to get a couple of MBox kits as I have signed up for this GB too. 

• Like 1

Very nice model there Greg. I've got that one in the stash with the same box as far as I remember. I think the decals are ruined but I think I will give it a go in the new year.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 1

Hi Greg. Hope you are keeping well. Fantastic to see you back and with a superb Henschel! I'm really glad this old kit was a mojo booster - I've missed seeing your fine work here on Britmodeller. And painted with good old hairy sticks too! :thumbsup: Brilliant!

Looking forward to seeing your next build. Hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

10 hours ago, almac said:

Very nice model there Greg. I've got that one in the stash with the same box as far as I remember. I think the decals are ruined but I think I will give it a go in the new year.

Cheers Allan 

Hi Allan, 

Thanks for the kind comments. The Airfix kit has some nice details in it and builds up well without any fit issues. Well worth considering if you want a relaxing build. 

All the best and Happy New Year to you.

Cheers 

Greg

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are keeping well. Fantastic to see you back and with a superb Henschel! I'm really glad this old kit was a mojo booster - I've missed seeing your fine work here on Britmodeller. And painted with good old hairy sticks too! :thumbsup: Brilliant!

Looking forward to seeing your next build. Hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thanks for the kind comments. This build was a real moral booster as it went together so nicely. I have completed an old tool Airfix Hurricane IIB which I hope to post later today as long as photo bucket behaves. 

Enjoy your Hogmanay too!

Cheers 

Greg. :yahoo:

• Like 1