Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk. Vb, Malta 1942

Here's my airfix 1/48th Spitfire Mk Vb. It was built as part of the MTO guild build, (unfortunately i over ran the deadline) and my thread can be found here ....                    1/48 Airfix Spitfire Mk. Vb 'Malta', March 1942 . **Finished**                 

Enjoyable build in the main, and a few firsts for me. I experimented with chipping and weathering using powdered pastels; and more experience with my airbrush. I also placed a pilot inside, slightly adapting him to turn his head and give a thumbs up !

All out of the box other than the ariel cable which was from a company called Uschi.

DE883178-F2A5-44C7-B015-DCA9A83490F2_zps

96E474AD-B4DD-4932-A764-414731017A1A_zps

063CD247-08CC-4559-AD63-C5A2FD2AA346_zps

CAF0FF40-B92E-44E4-A7CC-30359AC48EA8_zps

0B9A87FF-029A-464F-ACCA-4B1ED0619FFA_zps

17D87894-A06A-4FB2-8A1D-21E26EF15257_zps

• Like 24

Great looking Spitfire model and what a simple, clever idea for the pilot - I'm going to do that on one of my pilot figures in future!

Regards

Dave

That is a nice looking Spit. You have more courage than I do. As of this point in time I'm still afraid to try a figure.                          Bob H.

Thanks for the positive comments !

Bob, i used to paint figures for war-gaming, many years ago and decided on seeing airfix's offering, to give it a go.

The link at the top is to my build log and i took several photos as the pilot took shape. I think most pilots included in kits lack character and a life like pose, so I've never bothered before. Ive just started Tamiyas A-1J and the pilots' just a single mold of plastic with his hands on his knees  .... i made a seat harness out of metal foil instead !!

1 hour ago, Hosbabon said:

Bob, i used to paint figures for war-gaming, many years ago and decided on seeing airfix's offering, to give it a go.

The link at the top is to my build log and i took several photos as the pilot took shape. I think most pilots included in kits lack character and a life like pose, so I've never bothered before. Ive just started Tamiyas A-1J and the pilots' just a single mold of plastic with his hands on his knees  .... i made a seat harness out of metal foil instead !!

It looks pretty good. I'll eventually will give it a go.                              Bob H.