1/35 Tiger Model IDF Nagmachon (late) "Doghouse"

Israel

Hello Folks,. 

One of my last completed models, Tiger Models's excellent Nagmachon "Doghouse". Except for the antenna, 100% OOB.

Your comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Israel

6d1a6f1a-f12d-47a6-8f63-0ceb60570655_zps

39bde83f-ba19-426d-938f-95b842840ae8_zps

242a5f27-2caa-4f4d-91e3-9a2db7602b84_zps

1215c25f-5a65-4db7-8106-cf97afe37eb9_zps

8fdb629e-4868-4c81-881d-ce4c75219f7f_zps

9d9f2f5f-8e46-4fc5-93a2-2ac3b235e127_zps

00e8483d-e3b2-4b9e-aba5-6b6e26eca287_zps

Edited by Israel
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superbly realistic and inspiring build of something that I haven't got the faintest idea what it is. Aircraft modeller, y'know… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks, Joachim. It's an Israeli heavy APC based on the Shot Kal MBT ("israelized" Centurion), optimazied for urban warfare. 

Thanks for your kind words, guys. 

David, I believe TM's offering is a lot better than HB's. Actually I would say Tiger Model is the new "Chinese Tamiya": detail is crisp, fit is excellent, instructions are clear, the whole kit is very well engineered. My only real complaint abut this specific kit is the rather thick slat armor.  

Edited by Israel

Really Nice job Israel - some high class weathering going on- I really like the textures on the front armour.

I have one of these and was going to build it - It wouldn't match yours so it's back on the pile for the time being ;)

Fab job!!

Rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Incredibly realistic result. In fact, with a different photographic backdrop, it could easily be mistaken for the full-size vehicle!

Thanks guys, much appreciated! AD210, currently i'm in the process of building a simple diorama for this beast and I do plan to add a backdrop you mentioned. Here's a picture of the project (more can be found under  "Work In Progress - Dioramas" section...).

92c1819a-3b43-4a8f-a4b0-3d012507f71f_zps

Edited by Israel
  • Like 1

Absolutely fabulous piece of IDF armour. What colour(s) did you use for the Israeli sand/gray as the finish looks perfect to my eyes?

Thank you for sharing pictures of this great model.

Gary

• Like 1

9 hours ago, redcap said:

Absolutely fabulous piece of IDF armour. What colour(s) did you use for the Israeli sand/gray as the finish looks perfect to my eyes?

Thank you for sharing pictures of this great model.

Gary

Thanks Gary, very much appreciated! I've followed Tamiya's recipe for the IDF Sand Gray. 

http://idfmodelling.free.fr/article01.html

Since I did not have XF-20 on hand, I've used some other shade of gray instead (can't remember which one). I don't usually make a fuzz about the right color, I just eyeball it, then mix and match. It's hard to see on the model, but I've applied at least four different shades on it: for the shadows I've added more gray to the base color, for the highlights some more buff. I'm a big fan of shadows/highlights and color modulation: these techniques especially show their added benefit when it comes to monochrome schemes. 

Glad you liked it. 

Cheers, 

Israel

Edited by Israel

1 minute ago, redcap said:

Brilliant - thanks for a prompt and very helpful reply & link Israel!

Best regards.

Gary

Cheers, mate!

Tiger Model's offering resembles this  very vehicle.

nag2_zpsqjxljtqu.jpg

• Like 2