Motorsport

Vince1159

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this - what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

Many years ago there was published, in Tamiya Magazine, an article on converting the Tamiya 405T16GR kit to the Vatanen Pike's Peak car. I had a copy, but it's gone missing in action. Can anyone point me to where I might find another, please?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ohhhhhh, my era, love it, when cars were mechanical not electronic boxes on wheels. And Formula 1 cars could drift!

Thanks Vince, best hour I've spent in a while, loved the clip of Walter Rohl "dancing" on the pedals of the Quattro, he must have been exhausted after a day of that.

Having been out watching and marshalling on rallies during that time (okay maybe a bit earlier) I can't believe the spectators and why more weren't killed or injured. I do remember learning NOT to stand on the outside of a bend on a loose stage!

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, although it’s a day with normal “French” traffic, he’s obviously giving it a bit of welly and has to work a bit, must have been a real handful at racing speeds.

I was worried , but needn’t have, about what Mike Hawthorn would sound like as although I was born 5 years after he died, he’s always been the one I think of as the quintessential British racing driver of the day, rather than Stirling.  

Cheers

Will

• Like 2

This looked a hoot.  Some great battles I thought.

Goodwood revival 2019

I like that #20. I think it is a Marcos Mini Marcos?

If I ever make it to the UK, I will need a month to visit Goodwood and all the museums

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...