HMS Crocus - Revell 1/144

Thanks Fellas - I really appreciate the support and positive comments.

It's been a huge pleasure blogging and posting here:)

Expect HMS Clematis when Starling/L'Arsenal release their update set.

Rob

• Like 1

Fantastic, a really astounding accomplishment.

I'm still studying the Flower Class, as soon as I can I would like to  realize a variety of them in 1/350.

Your model will be a great help for me!

Fair Winds,

Laerte

• 1 year later...

Thanks Joss - my first build on Britmodeller so I have fond memories.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Corvette builds in 1/144.

Melaine at L'Arsenal tells me that there "retro" set with the topside wheelhouse will be available in the Autumn,so I'm clearing the decks to do HMCS Eyebright next

Cheers

Rob

John, Terry and PF - many Thanks

On 8/29/2018 at 8:28 PM, JohnWS said:

That's one gorgeous build, Rob. :worthy:

I can't believe I missed it.

I've always had a keen interest in Corvettes, as my Dad served in corvettes on the North Atlantic convoy run during WWII.  

John - do you know which corvettes? - that is fascinating.

Rob

Hi Rob.  My Dad served in a number of corvettes on the St. John's to Londonderry convoy run.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the ship's names.  The one I do remember is his last ship HMCS Prestonian, a River Class frigate.   He was an Engine Room Artificer.  In retrospect, my Dad & I talked more about his naval training in St. John's, Newfoundland & Cornwallis, Nova Scotia, & his on-shore escapades, than his ships.  One thing I do remember specifically about Corvettes is that my Dad said he seldom had dry clothes on the convoy runs.  The corvettes' mess decks would be awash with sea water within a few days after leaving port, and they would stay that way until they arrived at their destination.

On a side note, my Dad was born in Clydebank, Scotland where my grandfather was a crane operator at John Brown's shipyard.  On leave after arriving in the UK on convoy duty, he returned to Clydebank to see where he lived as a boy.  He was saddened to find that the block of homes where he lived near the shipyard had been completely destroyed during the Clydebank blitz.

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...