The MTO GB II Chat

Well, well, I may just see your MTO GB and raise you the 1/48 Tamiya Fi 156C-3 from their 100th release kit. A couple of things to clear but my late father always asked me to build it for him. I may even stick a motor in it. Now might be that time!

• Like 2

Just leaving the show today was waiting for my eldest at the last stall  spotted a 1/48 Airfix p40 for £12 new tool with the desert sharkmouth

scheme so now in the stash,if I get time I'll do it as a third entry,should sit well with the Spitfire Vc and I have the colour's mixed already.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Welcome Nick, not just ok to use aftermarket sets, take a look around the other builds and you'll see that it's more like a rule than an exception :yahoo: V-P

Thanks vppelt68 , let the build begin. Nick

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late coming on board but I've decided to try and thin out the stash a bit and this seemed like an excellent opportunity.  I'd like to join in with Airfix's venerable "Rommel's Halftrack".

91u-_EFAU9_BL._SL1500.jpg

Given the looming of the deadline, it'll be OOB and only lightly weathered and I won't be using the comedy Rommel Figure.

I should be able to actually finish this one.  Wish me luck!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

As is traditional when I'm trying to do anything technical and in a hurry I have successfully managed to gaff completely the internet in my house so I will get my build thread up hopefully today, but it ain't 'alf cutting it fine!!!! :crosseyed:

• Haha 2

Indeed, Tony, it has been an excellent GB just to watch too. I´m terribly sorry and feeling very guilty for being a non-GB-participant lurker this whole summer, even in this one I was supposed to "host"! For my defense I can say we had an extraordinary hot ☀️ summer in Finland this year and I just couldn´t push myself to build any models, and (because of the glorious summer weather) there were so many other activities 🍷 at hand :whistle: But you/we are a bunch of good people that don´t need too much shepherding, this GB ran well on autopilot (I did follow the GB Chat and usually replied quickly to questions posted, so it´s not that bad, isn´t it 😇) ! Congratulations to all participants!

Now, you do want a poll to be set up, don´t you? Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

I'm impressed I managed to finish the kit with time to spare before the deadline, and get the build thread up in time! Just disappointed I was a grand total of 2 minutes late trying to post my gallery photos :angry:got it all together and ready to post and it wouldn't let me! Bleh......!

There is some fantastic work though, PlaStix Tiger in particular!!! If I'm allowed to say that.... 

• Like 2

Oh definitely, this was a bit of a learning curve! Photos first next time for sure. 

Valkyrie, definitely frustrating, but I'm pleased enough I managed to finish despite everything trying to stop me!! 

• Like 1

A finish of any model is an achievement , a finish in the time frame of a GB is a real skill. My hat goes off to the multi build entrants. I was minutes left and had to do loads last night to get in. But i do enjoy these GBs so hope to see you on another....

I did love this GB and thanks for hosting, which in itself must be tough. Great entries and I’ve become a bit of an MTO nerd now....hooked

• Like 2

Well that really was a superb GB with excellent models both in the gallery and still in production (or finished but not quite making it into the Gallery! - @Enzo Matrix may be able to sort something out if he is able to.)

Congratulations to everyone who took part and a big thank you to the hosts.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Dear friends, the poll is now open! Phew that was a job, more than 50 builds, well done all you finishing participants :thumbsup:. To ease people count how many builds were by Tony O´Toole I numbered them... yes, he finished 18 builds :bounce:

and not your average kits but beautiful scale models. Thank you and congratulations! Beard finished 9 and stevej60 4 builds, and several managed to finish more than one build :yahoo: . Me... nah, I was happy watching and reading your efforts this time :whistle:. Thanks to everyone for participating or just for being interested! The poll is open for a week and a half. Best regards, V-P

• Thanks 2

Blimey that was a difficult choice, so many fantastic build to choose from.

thanks V-P for hosting, same time next year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha I'm happy the GB was a success with autopilot on. I'm just waiting for Enzo to cancel my hosting rights forever :sad:

The MTO really is an unexhaustable (word or not?) source for a GB. Just look at all those Spitfire types and schemes that we got! Compare that with what you get in every Battle of Britain group build: umpteen Mk.Ia:s in single paint scheme. In my opinion the variety of WW2 aircraft types and schemes peaked in 1943. Hardly ever was airwar as intense, as in Tunisia and in buildup to Op. Husky, with the Luftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica still giving some opposition to the Allied airpower. And we have only scratched the surface yet. Next year again? Maybe not yet, but in a few years time... We have so many, so great new proposals in the pipeline already. Best regards, V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've really enjoyed this Group Build, as I did the last one, and am looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to V-P for hosting and congratulations to everyone who took part, there are so many excellent models in the gallery that voting will be a very difficult decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1