The MTO GB II Chat

I know one I'll do - a Heller/Humbrol 1:72 Fieseler Storch! I'm open to suggestions re decal scheme though, the kit has one for North African recce unit... I'd prefer a KG liaison or ambulance plane from Sicily. Not much info out there I believe?

I might build  the 72 nd Airfix Me 110 C in Afrikakorps colours (overall sand) .

I normally only build 32 nd and 24 th.But this would be a "fun-build"

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

Would the 72 nd Airfix Me 110 C in Afrikakorps colours be OK ?

Well yes of course! Though the Afrika Korps had no combat airplanes :rofl:... But Luftflotten X and II (any others?) had them in RLM 02/70/65, 74/75/76, 78/79 and nightfighter all black schemes so you have plenty to choose from! V-P

On 5/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, vppelt68 said:

I know one I'll do - a Heller/Humbrol 1:72 Fieseler Storch! I'm open to suggestions re decal scheme though, the kit has one for North African recce unit... I'd prefer a KG liaison or ambulance plane from Sicily. Not much info out there I believe?

May I suggest a very unusual scheme ? One single Storch was used by the Italian Cobelligerant Air Force based in Southern Italy. This was piloted by Lt. Furio Lauri in many dangerous missions over the North, carrying personnel to liaise with Resistance units and recovering downed allied pilots. Lt. Lauri received the military gold medal for these missions and after the war he was the foudner of Meteor, a company well known for their UAVs

The Storch was painted in an RAF style green/brown scheme and survived the war, being first purchased by an Italian citizen, then being sold in Germany, later in Holland and finally returning to Italy where it's now part of the Air Force Museum, obviously painted as she was during those dangerous missions in 1944/45

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have an Airfix Malta Spit I was considering entering into the RAF centenary GB along with my Beaufighter but this gives me a slightly longer window to work with. Might make it a double and add Marseilles Bf109F I have in the stash, both in 1/48.

• Like 3

Hello @vppelt68 ... Can I make an attempt in this group build with this. QDkxcZu.jpg

Im thinking of backdating/converting this to a D variant from either North Africa or the Malta theater. If thats ok let me know. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Ahhhhh nuts, maybe I should pull the Malta based vb’s I stared last year so they are under the 25% rule.... it would be nice to squeeze something in if I can but will really need to see 🙁

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 06:08, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @vppelt68 ... Can I make an attempt in this group build with this. 

Im thinking of backdating/converting this to a D variant from either North Africa or the Malta theater. If thats ok let me know. 

Dennis

Dennis, maybe this will help you pick a subject?

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=184308

No North Africa or Malta, but northern Italy, that'd be ok per the GB rules! V-P

• Like 1

Oh woe is me... Instead of building anything today I visited another not local but friendly hobby shop, coming home with Eduard masks for the B-25, Ju 88 and Kittyhawk... Plus an MPM A-20 Havoc, a specific USAAF "MTO boxing" - guess the rest? :coolio: V-P

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Fondling all those boxes and aftermarket stuff in my very own hands sure beats clicking some icons at a webshop :yahoo:

Whenever I fondle and then try to pay, I just get a slap on the face!. 

.... whoops, sorry - wrong forum!! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Haha 4

Hi @vppelt68

I missed this one and only just saw it when I had a look at PlaStix's Tunisia Tiger!

I have other stuff on the go at the moment... still finishing off a Sherman from THAT GB, but I've been itching to build a Tiger I initial in the stash and think I should have a bash at 'knocking out a quick one'.

So please may I join in?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

@Badder well of course you're welcome! You know we GB hosts beg, bribe and (sometimes) threat people to sign in on a GB proposal, and in November things - and hosts - get even more nasty, as the BMGBMASSIVE is being lured to actually vote for the proposals! It's here now, up and running so hop in and have fun :yahoo:. V-P

• Thanks 1

@vppelt68

Thanks!

Sorry it's not going to be a wingy thing, and will in fact be the second Tiger 1 in the GB, and will no doubt come second to @PlaStix 's, but hey, I'm glad to be in.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I had to look what an earth a P.108 is... Had no idea such plane ever even existed! Excellent choice and good luck with your build! 🍿V-P

Haha yes thought-out would throw a few people. I have both Boxing's but will do the large antishipping version.

Oh dear... here´s a quote from the KP/AZ central discussion in the Aviation section of this Forum:

"...regarding the release date of Spitfire Mk. Vc... ...So, if everything is going OK, we will introduce these kits... ...16/06/2018 here in Czech Republic for the first time. I think we can expect that the first delivery will reach UK at the end of June.

The first boxes to be released - Spitfire Mk. Vc "Four barrels over Malta" - camouflages for spits with four cannons over Malta." Two months of GB time left then!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: - that´s "Four Yahoos for Four barrels over Malta". V-P

• Like 2

Good afternoon

When I finish my 2 current builds (Airfix Mitchell and SH Kittyhawk)  I will build at least one Mustang of the 325 Fighter Group better known as the Checkertail Clan ...

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 2