1/48 - Aero L-39C/ZA Albatros by Trumpeter - released - seamless resin air intakes by XMM Modeling

Homebee

On 24.11.2017 at 11:24 PM, Vlamgat9 said:

Would be great if someone produced a conversion kit for an L-159 Alca!

There is a full resin kit by Planet models of the Alca

Built it and liked it!!

On 11/26/2017 at 8:54 PM, Vlamgat9 said:

I know, but it’s expensive and all resin!

Yeah... I only see an advantagd in the injection canopy actually. Price wise I guess the conversion will add just the same to this kit!

But of course, more options - better!!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

Three boxes of 1/48 FULL detail L-39 coming.
If you have seen our Fouga Magister kit think L-39 :)

The thread dedicated to the AMK 1/48th L-39 Albatros project is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973060-148-aero-l-39-albatros-by-amk-avantgarde/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that the C has got all the parts required for ZA.

So if anyone has bought the C and then changed their mind, just find the right decals and go for it!

Or buy ZA too!

Edited by DIO

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Floggerman said:

On the decal sheet it's an Albatron (the lettering). You live and learn...

Shows how much they care for comments on the net regarding their work. Not only they did the same mistake on the new box art but they invented a new one on the decal sheet. I suppose they live happily in utter ignorance about all the "Trumpyboss bashing" on the net 🙂

16 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Shows how much they care for comments on the net regarding their work. Not only they did the same mistake on the new box art but they invented a new one on the decal sheet. I suppose they live happily in utter ignorance about all the "Trumpyboss bashing" on the net 🙂

They have a market of more than 2b non English speakers and potential buyers. That's why they do not care.

Edited by DIO

• 2 weeks later...

Got my ZA today. Funny, on the box they've invented another name: "Albator" (sounds good, doesn't it?)

The first impression is not bad. The decals are complete useless, all wrong. The plastic is nice. I have an unbuild MPM kit and the general shape is more or less the same (assuming, MPM is a reference). I build the MPM kit years ago, it was a pain in the ***.

I will convert this into a V (target tug). I saw her flying in the 80s during my service in East German Air Force. A beautiful plane, especially in white and yellow.

5 hours ago, Floggerman said:

Got my ZA today. Funny, on the box they've invented another name: "Albator" (sounds good, doesn't it?)

The first impression is not bad. The decals are complete useless, all wrong. The plastic is nice. I have an unbuild MPM kit and the general shape is more or less the same (assuming, MPM is a reference). I build the MPM kit years ago, it was a pain in the ***.

I will convert this into a V (target tug). I saw her flying in the 80s during my service in East German Air Force. A beautiful plane, especially in white and yellow.

Can you please give some more detail on what is wrong with the decal sheet? Thanks 🙂

I'd say, nearly all larger decals are wrong in size - eighter too small or too big. The bort number looks distorted. The arrows in front of  the intakes lacking the down-pitch (on left side hard to correct as it includes the markings for canopy opening). Colour mix of yellow and orange....

The 2436 is well documented, on airliners.net or other sites you'll find a lot of pictures. 

1 hour ago, Floggerman said:

I'd say, nearly all larger decals are wrong in size - eighter too small or too big. The bort number looks distorted. The arrows in front of  the intakes lacking the down-pitch (on left side hard to correct as it includes the markings for canopy opening). Colour mix of yellow and orange....

The 2436 is well documented, on airliners.net or other sites you'll find a lot of pictures. 

Many thanks!

The good thing is that there are so many after market decal sets for the MPM kit. Should fit this one too....

Edited by DIO

12 hours ago, Floggerman said:

Two recent interesting decal sheets have been produced by Avalon and are available at Hannants of Uk !

🙂

SharkOwl

7fe4904f635f5dc39aba4acb4be1938d.jpg

29de5fd52bd9c4c249ccdefad65f18db.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:13 AM, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

Three boxes of 1/48 FULL detail L-39 coming.

Yeh, Martin; but coming W*H*E*N? Me's pulling 35 soon, so no dice if the AMK Albatros kit is coming in 2025 or so, y'know...

Also, is it coming with a complete intake trunk, compressor face, flaps down and airbrakes open? Don't wish to have to resort to CMK.