1/48 - Aero L-39C/ZA Albatros by Trumpeter - released - seamless resin air intakes by XMM Modeling

Homebee

19 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

All I can see are the 1/48 Sea Vixen and Firefly..........

(Is there a mixed feeling emocion?)

Trevor

Discussions open

Sea Vixen - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014232-148-de-havilland-dh110-sea-vixen-faw2-by-trumpeter-release-2017-2018/

Firefly -  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014233-148-fairey-firefly-mk1-by-trumpeter-release-in-2017-2018/

V.P.

Not holding much hope for this one.  They couldn't even spell 'Albatros' right.  :lol:

Or maybe that's their cunning way of combating their critics.  I can guarantee that nobody will be able to find references for an "L-39 Albatro" to prove them wrong.  :D

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Hopefully the ülastic is more complete any without bigger mistakes than the name...

Given length and wing span ok, overlay to these ok (I don't know if the drawings are accurate though) and the omega canopy cross-section seems to be there. The Albatro may be pretty good Albatros.

• Like 1

Now that the Albatro is out, will anyone make a decent Aero L-39 Albatros as well in the quarter scale?

What will now be left for AMK? The competitors ruin all their plans: Tamiya F-14, ICM MiG-25 now the Trum Albatro.

OK there is still space left for them with an Albatros. :D (on a stick)

I am not surprised, spelingh  is a problem for some of them out there. :D :D 

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 1:25 PM, ya-gabor said:

Now that the Albatro is out, will anyone make a decent Aero L-39 Albatros as well in the quarter scale?

What will now be left for AMK? The competitors ruin all their plans: Tamiya F-14, ICM MiG-25 now the Trum Albatro.

OK there is still space left for them with an Albatros. :D (on a stick)

I am not surprised, spelingh  is a problem for some of them out there. :D :D 

Best regards

Gabor

Not going to stop us doing an Abatro. 

Remember that others doing the same thing is no problem, it creates competitiveness and that’s a good thing. We will always compete on accuracy, quality, value for money and easy to build.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

Not going to stop us doing an Abatro. 

Remember that others doing the same thing is no problem, it creates competitiveness and that’s a good thing. We will always compete on accuracy, quality, value for money and easy to build.

Release in 2025 if everything is going on. 

We are waiting the Tomcat, Foxbat, Gina, Albatros, URAL-4320 APA-5D etc.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

3 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Release in 2025 if everything is going on?

We are waiting the Tomcat, Foxbat, Gina, Albatros etc.

V.P.

Yep. We have now finalised our timeline and release schedule. 

Having learned from the Tomcat and other early notification mistakes, we at AMK will no longer be making release announcements until the kits are boxed in the factory.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Release in 2025 if everything is going on?

We are waiting the Tomcat, Foxbat, Gina, Albatros, URAL-4320 APA-5D etc.

V.P.

Slightly unfair there sir. AMK are a fairly new company and learning the ropes, no doubt they have made an error or two along the way, but they are bringing us kits we want so bear with them eh!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

HAD Models decals

- ref.48075 -  L-39 Albatros „Cápali II” - http://hadmodels.eu/?product=48075-l-39-albatros-capeti-ii-2&lang=en

- ref. 48076 - L-39 Albatros „Cápali” - http://hadmodels.eu/?product=48076-l-39-albatros-capali-2&lang=en

- ref. 48100 - L-39 Albatros “Zümi” - http://hadmodels.eu/?product=48100-l-39-zumi-matrica-148&lang=en

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

Just got mine today.

Having already built a couple of them, a few initial comments (though I will be more thorough later on):

* The external detail is beautiful. The engraved details is crisp and the rivets are where they should be.

* The size appears to be correct, at least when compared with the MPM example

* The flaps will need modification if one decides to pose them in the totally extended position

* The main landing gear compartment is good, but not as detailed or accurate as the CMK parts for MPM example. Well, I know this is not fair judgment!

* The seats look good as well as the cockpit in general

* Some extra parts are there for the ZA! That's great!

* Wheels... Just throw them away...

Overall, this is a much better kit than I expected!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1