Winning GB results

Good Morning all, 

First of all I would like to apologise for taking so long to get results to you, however we have been super busy over Christmas and I wanted to ensure that I gave each model a proper looking at and not rush any decisions. Ultimately I found it hard, I made several lists, but would look the next day and change my mind! So, I decided that I should open the voting up to other members of staff in our offices, so I forwarded the threads to 3/4 other members of staff and got their opinions on it too - overall we were all very similar and had a short list of 5/6 builds, I just needed to go through and make that final decision. 

I would like to thank you all for taking part, whilst I have not participated much (80-90hr weeks over Christmas prevents any social activity!) I have kept an eye on the threads for a while now and enjoyed watching the entries come in. Its always staggering to see what awesome creations you guys make out of what start out as boxes of grey plastic which we take for granted. I only wish I could make my models look anything like some of the entries in this GB - mine typically look similar to an Airfix Quickbuild kit...

Lets also not forget to thank Vppelt68 and thepureness for pulling it all together!

So, without further ado here are the winners. 

In 3rd Position

Trickyrich, Page 2 - Macchi C.205 - 1 Stormo 79 Squadriglie, Sciacca, Sicily Feb 43

Something a little different and I really like the Smoke Ring decals. Interesting Resin kit too...

In 2nd Position

PlaStix, Page 4 - 'Kampfgruppe Tunesien’

I think you’ll all agree that Stix has done well here, not only are the builds great he has done a great job in the Diorama and finished it off by taking some cracking photos (photography being another love of mine!) I think I was sold on this from the first image, the shot looking down is fantastic. I looked at the individual build threads too and I have a sweet spot for the 1/48 Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen - you did the kit justice sir. Finally, I love a powered prop so this was just the icing on the cake!

and finally,

In 1st Position

Tomoshenko, Page 4 - Italeri 1/72 Ju-87 B2 Stuka

I dont know what it is about this build, but I am man who follows my instincts and from my very first browse through all the entries, this is the build I remembered when thinking back. When I finally had the time to look at individual build threads I was even more impressed as it starts off with some awesome scratch building and the whole build looks well executed, issues aside. I also liked the canopy and I personally hate masking, so good effort there!

Prize giving - Jon has the prizes already (I am assuming he hasn't built or sold them!) and we decided that it can simply be down to the winner. I.e the Winner chooses the kit he would like, 2nd Place chooses also and 3rd place receives the remaining kit. I suggest Tomoshenko and PlaStix drop Jon a message so we can get the ball rolling.

The Prizes were:

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire VIII 
Dragon 1/35 Tiger tank from the Tunisian campaign
Airfix 1/48 Hurricane MKI trop

See a picture here in the Sponsor thread - 

As a consolation prize to everybody else, here is a 20% off Discount code for orders over £20 on everything in our Models Category. Its only valid until Sunday night and I would really appreciate it if you kept it amongst yourselves here on the forum (I’ll have to pull it if it gets all over the Deals websites etc.) All you need to do is enter JADLAMGB in the checkout once you have over £20 in your basket… use it wisely, grab yourself a kit or two and stock up on some paints and glue...

So there we have it, some fantastic entries and an event I enjoyed being part of…Thanks and well done...

From Russ and all the team at Jadlam, happy modelling! https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/

• Like 18

Hi Russ, Jon and V-P. Thank you very much for a fantastic GB! I had a great time throughout - one of my most enjoyable GB experiences to date! :thumbsup:

Well done to Tomoshenko and Rich - both fantastic builds. Thank you very much for awarding mine 2nd place - that's the icing on the cake! And well done to everyone who got something in the Gallery and who took part.

Finally thank you to everyone who contributed to my build thread - the final result wouldn't be what it is without all the advice and support. Special thanks to Jack and Sarge as well  for all the advice before the project started.

See you all again in the next MTO GB!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Glad you all enjoyed it...

It would be a great honour to me, if any of you were Facebook users - if you could stick a picture of your model on our page and give us a thumbs up or review, I can then share your models to our wider audience! It would be nice to have some positive content on the page, as people seem to just try and use it as an alternative customer service centre now! Which isnt really what its intended for! 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Congrats to the winners TomoshenkoPlaStix, and Trickyrich.  Thank you to our hosts, Vppelt68 and thepureness   Special shout out to Jadlam for providing the prizes, and further adding a store discount to the remaining participants - never witnessed this before, impressed!

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

I would say, without a doubt, a right trial by the sponsor, Hooray, hooray, hooray to the three winners

:bye:Ettore
  • Like 1

3 builds of the highest order, congrats to the winners and hosrs and indeed the super sponsor, not just for the prizes, but also for the generous discount to the participants, I currently deciding how to use mine, either ordering a few I need for upcoming group builds or just go for it and order a victor....sadly can't do both  

• Like 1

Thank you. Just like to say really chuffed there were some cracking builds, and well done to PlaStix, and Trickyrich . Thanks to the hosts who put in a load of work, and to Jadlam for the sponsorship and prizes, and finally everyone who participated. Sadly not a Facebook user, but will be taking my model along to the Birmingham IPMS next club meet. Well done all.

Regards

Tom

• Like 2

WOW! I'm if feel very honoured especially when you consider the quality of the completed builds and the sheer number of them as well!!!

A big thank you to Russ and the team at Jadlam for sponsoring this GB, thank you for helping to make this the huge event it was. Hopefully it's a relationship which will continue. Unfortunately I'm not a facebook user, but please fell free to use any of my photo's on your site.

V-P & thepureness, great job guy's, I know how hard it i to control these monsters and this has to be one of the biggest GB's we've had so far...well done guy's it was awesome fun!! :thumbsup:

I think it's very safe to say that everyone enjoyed themselves and it was a hugely popular GB. Well done to those who finished it, again the quality of the finish build is amazing, everyone can be very proud of what they produced.

I look forward to doing this again soon, thanks everyone! :worthy:

El Presidente :D

• Like 4

Well done to the winners and thanks for a fantastic GB with some brilliant entries,.......I`m glad that I wasn`t judging them! Just a pity I fell off at the end due to illness,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Well done to the winners and thanks for a fantastic GB with some brilliant entries,.......I`m glad that I wasn`t judging them! Just a pity I fell off at the end due to illness,

Cheers

Tony

Tony, considering what you went through it's completely understandable, and unlike many of us who failed to finish who only have ourselves to blame. :doh:

Look forward to seeing you fighting fit and back at the modelling table soon.

Fantastic GB, already looking forward to MTO2, ps is it too early to tap up the same sponsor for next time ? :wicked:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Great choices for the winning build's well deserved,thanks to the hosts for another fine job and well done to all entrant's for a huge amount

of quality work it's been great to be part of it.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a quick photo of my newly arrived (thank you Jon) prize - Dragon's Tiger 1 "Tunisian Initial":

32519026865_f795de8d85_c.jpg

I've had a good look through all the sprues and it does look amazing. When I do get around to building it, which, having been looking at it, may be sooner than later :rolleyes: I will do a WIP thread for it.

So a big thank you again to Russ from Jadlam for sponsoring this great GB and Jon and V-P for being excellent hosts.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1