Takom 1:35 Chieftain Mk 5

I bought this kit when it first came out and decided after doing so much SciFi stuff this year that a nice normal piece of Modern British Armour would make a nice change. So I started on this kit:

DSC_7108.JPG

Its an odd kit, there seems to be construction steps in there that exist only to push up the parts count! It goes together pretty well however, the only filler I needed was the part that fits under the gun mantlet in the turret. I built it all closed up because I couldn't be bothered hunting for figures with the correct gear for 1991. I decided to build the one in the kit labelled "unidetified BATUS, 1991" as this was the only British option given. That said the painting guide was decidedly rubbish, but thankfully my Google-fu came to the rescue to give me photos of the real things I could use to get the small details correct.

Its painted with Tamiya paints - I used Nato Green and a mix of Desert Yellow, Buff and something else I can't remember to get an approximately correct sand colour for this era. I added some chain, stowage and some camo net from the spares box. One of the lenses for the headlight pinged off into some parallel dimension so I had to substitute for Micro Krystal Klear instead!

I'm not a Chieftain expert, so any mistake please forgive me :)

DSC_7109.JPG

DSC_7110.JPG

DSC_7111.JPG

DSC_7112.JPG

DSC_7113.JPG

DSC_7114.JPG

DSC_7116.JPG

DSC_7117.JPG

DSC_7118.JPG

DSC_7119.JPG

DSC_7120.JPG

I think that will be my final final for 2016!

• Like 11

Another amazing build and paint job. Is there no end to your talents. Whatever you build always turns out to be brilliant. Your failures if you ever have any would knock my best build for six I would imagine. After seeing all your builds I am convinced you could turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Very well done on a fabulous model. 

• Like 1