AdrianMF's 2016 - old and new(ish) - plus a sneaky Christmas build

AdrianMF

Hello All,

All kits except for the nice new ones are shockingly old kits, or sometimes shocking old kits...

All painting is brush with Humbrol/Revell acrylics except where stated.

A Grace Models solid wood aeroplane, started by my dear late Dad somewhere in the early 1940's, finished by me in January:

Solids_Havoc_stored_zpsiihixcvy.jpg

Solids_Havoc_finished_2_zps53vpubdu.jpg

Then, as if for contrast, the new Airfix Spitfire FMk22, brush painted in Revell Aqua Silver:

Airfix_Spitfire_F22_left_rear_zpsfindx6t

Nice kit once you have scraped down under the back of the wing root so it actually fits.

Next up, a Frog Blenheim 1 from the shelf of shame (actually the shelf of mild embarrassment because it's less than a year), lightly converted to a Finnish version with skis:

Frog_Blenheim_front_right_zpseu2qw6df.jp

Frog_Blenheim_pic_copy1_resized_zps996g1

Nice kit and fun build, from a Revell re-pop.

Then this whole helicopter thing started. I should get therapy. Airfix Old Sea King from an old mould when it fitted together well, as "Old 66":

Airfix_Sea_King_final_05_zpsgjyuwr2g.jpg

Airfix_Sea_King_final_01_zpsg1a5v03q.jpg

Starfighter decals but my own stencilled "66"s. Watch out for that photo later...

I bought an Airfix F-5A Freedom Fighter from a man at the Cosford/Shropsire model show simply because I remember it was such a terrible kit:

Airfix_F5_Right_Under_zpsebfkbint.jpg

Airfix_F5_Rear_zpspaedw8a3.jpg

It still fought me all the way but I was ready for it this time! Silver from AK Interactive True Metal paste - weird stuff but good.

Academy Mustang III - fell together, lovely kit, made a plunge mould canopy for the sliding bit:

Academy_Mustang_finish_4.jpg

Frog Wessex, updated and detailed but a fabulous basic kit even after 50 years:

Frog_Wessex_done_front_left_high_whole.j

Aftermarket decals were harmed during the making of this kit.

RCR short run Breda 65:

RCR_Breda65_phone1.jpg

RCR_Breda65_phone2.jpg

Good old Airfix PE-2, with quite a lot of scribing and upgrading:

image.jpg

The ancient Revell Fw190, seemingly made out of sugar crystals, the plastic was that brittle:

Revell_Fw190_FL.jpg

And for the Vignette GB I converted my photo of Apollo 11 into a scratch built model:

IMG_2265.jpg

Apollo_Finished_1.jpg

Apollo_Finished_3.jpg

An Airfix P-47, lightly detailed but mainly OOB:

Airfix_P47_Finished_2.jpg

So I'm still hoping to get my Matchbox Privateer over the line, and also a little Christmas stressbuster project...

Have a great break!

Well, I had a sneaky 1/48 Inpact (Lindbergh/Round2 rebox) Bleriot on the go over Christmas as well as the Privateer. The Bleriot finished first, despite the mad amounts of rigging (mainly stretched sprue), a pilot figure and my first go at home-made wire wheels:

IMG_2973.jpg

Regards,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
  • Like 26

Hi Adrian. What a fantastic collection for the year! I'm always so impressed by your brushed painted finish and especially as a few of them are NMF - beautifully done! :worthy: Top one, if I had to choose, would be your Vignette GB project.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your builds next year.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Spectacular stuff Adrian, hadn't realised you sculpted all the bits for the capsule vignette. It's very effective.

Cracking silver finish on that Spitfire too - you're very good with the brush.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1