1/72 - Tupolev Tu-128M "Fiddler" & UT "Pelican" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

3 hours ago, Pin said:

Forum of former Tu-128 pilots/weapon officers/technicians

http://aviaforum.ru/threads/tu-128.14155/

In Russian, but with lots of unique photos

Google translate gives the gist. I'd be VERY curious to learn more about the film mentioned in this post. Soviet portrayals of Americans in a cold war context on film are of great interest to me. As a side note, I've always been fascinated by the Soviet use of Balts to portray Americans -- my wife's best friend is 100% Lithuanian, as is my sister-in-law, and both have large extended families who all look to my eye quite different from the "Average American", whatever that is.

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

As a side note, I've always been fascinated by the Soviet use of Balts to portray Americans -- my wife's best friend is 100% Lithuanian, as is my sister-in-law, and both have large extended families who all look to my eye quite different from the "Average American", whatever that is.

They did not look "Soviet" either, that was good enough

• Like 1

On 27/12/2016 at 9:05 AM, sofiane1718 said:

Could someone make a size comparison with a built 1/72 Tu-128 and any other aircraft that is a little more common please :D

These might help

Tu 128 with Avro Arrow and Lavochkin La 250

Threeofakind_zps8f30b6b8.jpg

and the Arrow compared with a Voodoo

ArrowandVoodoo_zpsa4b65b6f.jpg

John

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think this is one of those moments when you realise that you would rather fancy having a model of one those (the Tu-128), but then you remember that you may have a storage problem if you were to build it.:hmmm: I probably will buy one, but I fear that it'll end up a "box queen" just like the Trumpeter Tu-16K and Airfix Nimrod I already have!

Mike.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, planeart said:

Hello there!! I am responsible for this kit's box art and i have to say that i used images of the kit made by some great modellers here!!! 

I hope the kit to be a good one!! The subject is very interesting!!!

Congratulation, I love this "old school" type of boxart!

4 hours ago, sofiane1718 said:

Congratulation, I love this "old school" type of boxart!

Dear Sofiane1718 thank you very much for the kind comments....well , i am so much inspired by the old grand masters like Roy Cross, Roy Huxley, Koike Shigeo and so on...Have a nice day!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, planeart said:

Hello there!! I am responsible for this kit's box art and i have to say that i used images of the kit made by some great modellers here!!! 

I hope the kit to be a good one!! The subject is very interesting!!!

Great job! I like the result a lot.

• Like 1