1/72nd Nanchang Q-5 from Trumpeter

Radleigh

• 7 months later...

WOW. After so many years of people trying to convert the KP kit into the Q-5 (about 14% of the original kit left . . .) at last a real injection moulded kit!  :thumbsup:

Not really a fan of Trump kits but since there is absolutely no chance of someone else doing it, will most certainly invest in one.

Nice photos from China by Ken. Just a small note: if someone is interested in more details of the Q-5 then there is one example here in the middle of Europe.  The Kosice museum in Slovakia has an original aircraft. Worth making it there. Not only the Q-5 but a lot of other aircraft from all over the world (a real Su-15 for example, not speaking of different Mirage airframes, Viggen or another unique aircraft like the T-38 from US!!!! ) in this museum! :worthy:

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 2

Built the AA(? ) 1/48 one years ago. Pakistani scheme but never did find any roundels etc.

Hope Trumpeters 1/72 one sells well and they quickly follow with a 1/48 version.

Might even be tempted by the 1/72 will wait for reviews.

Heres hoping.

On 31/07/2017 at 4:30 PM, ya-gabor said:

The Kosice museum in Slovakia has an original aircraft. Worth making it there. Not only the Q-5 but a lot of other aircraft from all over the world (a real Su-15 for example, not speaking of different Mirage airframes, Viggen or another unique aircraft like the T-38 from US!!!! ) in this museum! :worthy:

Best regards

Gabor

I second that. Lovely museum with friendly staff.

I can now safely bin a hideous vacform I have avoided for years with this release.

On 8/1/2017 at 05:57, martinBK said:

So...there's still a hope for their 1/72 Mig-19.

Let's hope so, a modern 1/72nd MiG19S/Shenyang F-6 would be very, very, very welcome

Apologies to those who love Nanchang Q-5's, but I cannot muster enough enthusiasm for it. I've been waiting years for a new tool 1/72 Thunderstreak or a decent new 1/72 Venom but it seems I will still have to wait another ten years. I can imagine this kit will be popular, but I keep seeing manufacturers putting out really odd subjects when there are other aircraft that are really popular with the public consciousness that have never had a decent tool made.

A 1/72 MiG-19 I would be interested in though.

12 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Apologies to those who love Nanchang Q-5's, but I cannot muster enough enthusiasm for it.

I think it's safe to say we were all waiting for your verdict on this, so it's good of you to pop in and let us know. Very brave, too, since whenever you check threads you've posted in, you'll be reminded of this bitter non-event. Be strong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I think it's safe to say we were all waiting for your verdict on this, so it's good of you to pop in and let us know. Very brave, too, since whenever you check threads you've posted in, you'll be reminded of this bitter non-event. Be strong.

I'm glad that the "we", whoever that may be appreciated my comment, I just couldn't help myself, I'm not very strong in that dpt.

Again, no disrespect intended to Nanchang fans.

Me bitter? No just ever hopeful.

Once somebody posts a completed Fantan, you never know, I may be converted.

Oh, just remembered another aircraft that I like that would be great in 1/72, Chengdu J-7 but maybe there is one already.

I may pop in again some time and give my helpful comments, you never know! Oh and you reminded me about that Gunston book, I've had his Encyclopedia Of World Air Power since 1978 when I was Eight years old & I still have it to this day.

Martin

• Like 1

I share Martin's frustration at the lack of a Venom and Thunderstreak in 1/72nd and will never tire of telling the world about this grave injustice until the travesty is resolved! 

I've likewise bemoaned the lack of a decent MiG-19S/Shenyang F-6 in this scale and earnestly hope the release of this kit will bring on the MiG that Trumpeter have long promised.

As for the Fantan, I too had the Gunston book and have wanted to make one ever since, the variety of colour schemes surprised me but just makes me want to make one more!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...